Published on May 12th, 2013 | by Admin1
Harley-Davidson XL1200X Forty-Eight 48 2013 Model
This is the Harley Forty-Eight™. It is an urban street bike. It has attitude. From the fat tires to the all-steel peanut shaped tank to the solo seat. It has a menacing look that could only come from Harley-Davidson. New for 2013, is the Hard Candy Custom™ paint which is a large metal flake finish that is more than just paint job, it’s a shining declaration of independence, bright, bold and unique. The Sportster Forty-Eight® is available in Hard Candy Coloma Gold. Recalling the iconic rebel styling of ‘70s custom bikes, Hard Candy Custom™ paint marks another milestone in The Motor Company’s legacy of innovation.
The slammed black drag-style handlebar with its speedometer and under mount mirrors adds to the stripped down, minimal look of the Forty-Eight® motorcycle. Inspired by the way hot rod pioneers used to slam their rides, the drag style handlebar is an old school garage feature that demands a forward, aggressive riding position.
The Evolution® engine, known in certain crowds as the Blockhead was first bolted to the frame of a Harley-Davidson® motorcycle back in 1984. Born from legendary Shovelhead and Ironhead engines, the Evolution® engine broke new ground in displacement innovation while maintaining the hunger for power, durability and proven reliability that The Motor Company was built on.
Air-cooled and durable, the 1200cc Evolution® engine is yet another nod to the unwavering work ethic that drives advancements in motor technology at Harley-Davidson. Aluminum heads and cylinders lighten the load of the bike and improve air-cooling efficiency. Electronic fuel injection says goodbye to carburetors and boasts increased reliability and less routine maintenance. Bottom line: the rubber-mounted Evolution® engine runs hard and rides smooth for thousands of miles so you just need to worry about the open road.
Harley-Davidson XL1200X Forty-Eight 48 New Features For 2013
• Black side covers to match bodywork finish
• Michelin® Scorcher® “31” front and rear tires
• Blacked out rubber-mounted Evolution® 1200 cc V-Twin engine with polished covers
• Muscular bulldog front stance and slammed rear suspension
• Classic 2.1-gallon peanut fuel tank with lightening hole mounting bracket
• 16-inch Black, laced steel wheels
• Chopped front fender mounted on fork brace with lightening holes
• Chopped rear fender
• Tall and fat 130 mm Dunlop MT90 front tire
• Blacked-out components including air cleaner cover, clutch and brake levers and turn signals
• One-piece, Sportster® classic solo seat
• 26-inch seat height
• Low profile custom handlebar