Published on January 29th, 2016 | by Admin0
Harley-Davidson Strengthens Most Powerful Cruiser Lineup
Harley-Davidson has unveiled the Low Rider® S and the Harley-Davidson® Custom Vehicle Operations (CVO)™ Pro Street Breakout® motorcycles – two additions to its 2016 model-year lineup, which is the most powerful collection of cruisers in the brand’s 113-year history.
Raw, dark and trimmed to the essentials, the new Low Rider S motorcycle is the most powerful non-CVO™ Dyna® cruiser ever offered by Harley-Davidson. The Screamin’ Eagle® Twin Cam 110™ engine, Screamin’ Eagle® Heavy Breather performance intake and Fat Bob-style 2-into-2 exhaust deliver 115 foot pounds of peak torque at 3500 rpm. Premium suspension and brakes complete the performance package. The new limited-edition bike joins the Fat Boy® S and Softail Slim® S models as the third in the new line of S series cruisers for the 2016 Harley-Davidson® lineup.
The new CVO Pro Street Breakout motorcycle rewrites the factory-custom book with obsessive attention to styling detail. This limited-edition motorcycle has a new, darker look and utilizes cutting-edge finishes and textures. Menacing, muscular and steeped in drag racing attitude, the CVO Pro Street Breakout motorcycle matches the high-intensity performance of the Screamin’ Eagle Twin Cam 110 engine with a look that is pure American street machine.
“X Games Aspen is the ideal global stage to unveil our newest motorcycles that take cruiser performance, attitude and design to a whole new level,” said Shelley Paxton, Vice President of Marketing and Brand, Harley-Davidson Motor Company.
2016 Model Lineup Highlights
- The new Iron 883™ and Forty-Eight® models join the Harley-Davidson Street® motorcycle to assert Harley-Davidson’s leadership with its Dark Custom® motorcycle line-up inspired by the rebellious spirit of the past updated with modern design and performance.
- High Output Twin Cam 103™ engines upgrade the power for all Softail® and Dyna® models (except Street Bob®) in the United States, Canada and Mexico.
- The convenience of electronic cruise control is available on all Harley-Davidson Softail models. Enabled by new electronic throttle control, cruise control is standard equipment on 2016 Heritage Softail® Classic, Softail® Deluxe, Fat Boy S and Softail Slim S models and available as an accessory for all other 2016 Softail models.
- All 2016 Sportster® models tame rough roads with all-new front and rear suspension and improved seats working together to enhance rider comfort and control.
- Harley-Davidson’s touring segment leadership grows with the addition of the Road Glide® Ultra motorcycle to the Project RUSHMORE lineup and the refresh of the iconic Heritage Softail Classic model.