Published on June 7th, 2018 | by Daniel Sherman Fernandez0
BELL & ROSS BR V2-93 GMT 24H
This new Bell & Ross BR V2-93 GMT 24H watch is specially dedicated to aircrew and frequent travelers as it displays the time in 3 time zones. Its 41 mm round steel case is a characteristic of the Vintage series.
Its revisited style is modern and sophisticated, with rounded lugs that perfectly adapt to the wrist. The case includes integrated protection for the screw-down crown. Lastly, the strap is available in two versions: Steel or “Tropic” rubber.
Inspired by the black and white colour combination used for on-board flight instruments to reduce reflections and increase legibility, its black dial features contrasting large white numerals.
Lastly, its hands boast a photo luminescent coating. The GMT hand stands out with its orange arrow. White, black and orange, symbolic colors of Bell & Ross, ensure perfect legibility both day and night.
With its bi-directional 24-hour scale bezel, the BR V2-93 GMT 24H displays the time in three global time zones. Classic GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) watches generally settle for two.
The three white hands display the hour (minutes and seconds) in one time zone. The orange hand that rotates around the dial in 24 hours shows a second time zone (or the local time on a 24-hour scale).
The bi-directional bezel has a 24-hour scale. It enables reading of the second time zone but it can also display a third time zone. Rotating it clockwise subtracts hours and anti-clockwise adds hours. This is the first bi-colour piece created by Bell & Ross. With a 24-hour scale, the grey section indicates daytime, and the black background night-time.
Technical details: BR V2-93 GMT 24H
- Movement: calibre BR-CAL.303. Automatic mechanical
- Functions: hours, minutes and central seconds. Second time hand rapid-setting, independent from the hour hand. Date
- Case: 41 mm in diameter. Satin-polished steel
- Bi-directional bezel with 24-hour scale
- Grey and black two-colour anodized aluminium disc
- Screw-down crown
- Sapphire case-back
- Crystal: ultra-curved sapphire with anti-reflective coating
- Water-resistance: 100 metres
- Dial: black. Numerals and indices coated in white Superluminova®. Metal skeletonized Superluminova®-filled hour and minute hands
- Strap: satin-polished steel or black rubber
- Buckle: folding for metal bracelet. Satin-polished steel pin for rubber strap