Published on November 25th, 2015 | by Subhash Nair0
Art Of Speed 2015 Hits Penang
Art of Speed Malaysia made their second visit to Penang upon invitation by the organizers of FIM Asia Supermoto Championship 2015 that concluded their round 5 & 6 last November 21 & 22. The event took place at Perda City Mall in Seberang Perai and attracted crowds from Penang, Kedah, Perlis, Ipoh and also from Johor.
Art of Speed Malaysia Tour Penang 2015, from Malaysia’s own homegrown Classic & Kustom show curated over sixty customized & classic cars, over forty motorcycles and a selection of lowrider bicycles. The event also included the infamous MotoCircus Art Gallery held indoor in the air-conditioned hall with local kustom kulture artistes from Kuala Lumpur; Dhwan Design House and Win Motor Art joined by cool vendors selling vintage and automotive memorabilias.
Local entertainers from Penang such as The Island reggae band and upcoming hip-hop rapper Nawi took the main stage with their amazing performances despite drizzling weather in the evening. The two-day event concluded with award presentation to all race riders and also for the Art of Speed Show & Shine Penang Tour categories.
List of winners Show & Shine Art of Speed Tour Penang 2015:
Best of Show Automobile
Winner : Farhan Rashidi
Vehicle : 1974 Volkswagen Super Beetle Cabriolet
Best of Show Motorcycle
Winner : Chin Jeng Wey
Vehicle : 1951 Matchless
- Best Car Club – Penang Volkswagen Owners Club (PVOC)
- Best Biggest Car Club – Bimmer Utara
- Best Paint – Jasny Mohd
- Best Wheels – Khairul Syakirin
- Best of Modified Harley-Davidson inc. Sportster, Pro Street & Bagger – SYK Kg. Paloh
- Best of Chopper – Mohd Ashadi Md Fadzil
- Best of Bobber – Soul Rider Garage
- Best of Café Racer – Rusty Factory
- Best of Jap Style & Tracker – Mohd Irwan Md Aziz
- Best of Street Cub & Choppy – Wan Mohd Ariff Wan Othman
- Best of Radical Streetcub & Ruckus – Sabil Garage
- Best of Restored Retro Japanese – Isacc Lee
- Best of Restored Classic Scooter – Ahmad Hazwan
- Best of Classic – Abd Kadir Shafii
Lowrider Bicycle Category
- Best of 12”, 16” & 20” wheel lowrider – Nur Sirajuddin
- Best of 24”, 26” & open wheel lowrider & limousine – Mohamad Zahin Nor Zaharin
The winners for Best of Shows won VIP packages to participate in Art of Speed Malaysia 5th Annual event next year at MAEPS, Serdang on 28 & 29 May 2016. The VIP package includes participation for Show & Shine categories and accommodation in Kuala Lumpur.
The event was held from 10am to 6pm on both days. More information about this event can be browsed at http://www.artofspeedmy.com or visit their Facebook page, Art of Speed Malaysia.