Published on November 2nd, 2015 | by Daniel Sherman Fernandez0
Suzuki Exhibits at the 44th Tokyo Motor Show 2015
Suzuki Motor Corporation had a range of concept models on showing how Suzuki can deliver wonder and enjoyment to drivers and riders. The concept cars included the IGNIS and the MIGHTY DECK, which offered new kinds of fun in the minicar segment.
MIGHTY DECK: a new-concept minicar offering new kinds of enjoyment and utility
- The MIGHTY DECK is a new, fun-oriented minicar with a canvas top and an open load deck that can be repositioned for diverse purposes.
- An “urban/outdoor” concept is embodied by features that free people to move between contrasting situations and mindsets: city and nature; home and away; work and leisure; relaxed and playful.
- Wide-ranging functionality including an automatic raise/lower function for the open deck accommodates lifestyle situations ranging from daily life to leisure.
Air Triser: a newly conceived three-row compact minivan with a private lounge
- The Air Triser is a new-concept three-row compact minivan. Within manageable body dimensions, it offers a cabin where roominess and smart seat configurability embody the concept of a private lounge.
- While the Air Triser is parked, the seats can be configured in a relaxation mode (where the seats face each other) or in a lounge mode (where the seats form a U-shape sofa). Users can enjoy media content from a smartphone on a large-format display that extends from one of the B-pillars to the ceiling.
- The extent to which the Air Triser enables users to enjoy their time together not only on the move but also while they’re stationary makes it unprecedented among minivans.
IGNIS: new-genre compact-crossover versatility for daily life and leisure
- The IGNIS shows how a compact car can straddle the boundary between daily life and leisure. A high eye point and plenty of road clearance ensure day-to-day convenience. They also allow confident driving on snowy roads and rough tracks, so weekends become a chance to enjoy the great outdoors.
- A compact, visually striking body and a simple, highly practical interior design highlight the IGNIS’s credentials in the compact-crossover genre.
IGNIS-Trail Concept: even greater compact-crossover enjoyment
The IGNIS-Trail Concept expands upon the IGNIS concept of urban and outdoor versatility by offering even greater rough-road ruggedness.
- Big-diameter wheels and bold wheel-arch mouldings are included in a design package that heightens compact-crossover enjoyment by emphasizing the IGNIS-Trail Concept’s outdoor credentials.
Baleno: a new compact hatchback that blends dynamic, elegant styling with optimal packaging and high performance
- The Baleno is an all-new B-segment hatchback in which Suzuki refined the styling, performance, fuel economy, and practicality expected of a compact car and brought them together in an outstanding new way.
- Plenty of space for passengers and luggage means four adults can enjoy long journeys in comfort even when they’re carrying a full complement of gear.
- Powertrain technologies include the newly developed 1.0-litre direct-injection, turbocharged BOOSTERJET engine and the 1.2-litre DUALJET engine.
New ESCUDO: a freshly evolved compact SUV that carries forward Suzuki’s four-wheel-drive excellence
- The new ESCUDO (called the new Vitara in markets outside Japan) is an evolution of Suzuki’s latest compact SUV. It carries forward the 4WD and SUV excellence that Suzuki has nurtured over the years in the Jimny and Vitara. Plus, it embodies advances that meet diverse contemporary needs.
- The new model is based on packaging that allows distinctive styling and great rough-road performance (a kind of packaging that Suzuki has carried forward since the first-generation Vitara). Plus, it offers advanced safety technologies and outstanding fuel economy.