Tesla S On Fire At Charging Point


Published on January 3rd, 2016 | by Daniel Sherman Fernandez


Tesla S On Fire At Charging Point


Last Friday in Norway, firefighters were dispatched to rescue a Tesla Model S that caught fire while on a fast-charging outlet at the Sundebru Supercharger in Gjerstad. The fire is described to have started while the owner of the Model S left the car while charging at the Supercharger stall.


Shortly after the car ignited into flames before burning down to the ground as seen in the photos shared here. Firefighters took longer than normal to extinguish the fire, because unlike a traditional fire where water is used as the extinguishing agent, fires in electric vehicles need to be extinguished using a different methodology. If the Tesla range is introduced here, are our Malaysian fireman ready to put of this fire?


The only way to extinguish the fire in electric cars is by using water with a copper material. It is too costly to carry this in every fire station. The Tesla Model S uses Lithium Nickel Cobalt Aluminum (NCA) batteries and the charge station uses Lithium Nickel Manganese Cobalt (NMC) batteries.
Template BHP

Goodyear banner dsf_650x85

About the Author

www.dsf.my is a service to the public and other website owners. www.dsf.my is not responsible for, and expressly disclaims all liability for, damages of any kind arising out of use, reference to, or reliance on any information contained within the site www.dsf.my. While the information contained within the site is periodically updated, no guarantee is given that the information provided in this website is correct, complete, and up-to-date. www.dsf.my is not responsible for the accuracy or content of information contained inside.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to Top ↑