Published on March 16th, 2016 | by Subhash Nair0
Ford Only Automaker on Ethisphere Institute’s List of 2016 World’s Most Ethical Companies
Ford Motor Company is the only automaker named as 2016 World’s Most Ethical Company® by Ethisphere Institute today – a distinction that comes as ethics in business increasingly affects customers and their purchase decisions.
This marks the seventh consecutive year Ethisphere Institute has named Ford a World’s Most Ethical Company. Ethisphere Institute, a global leader in defining and advancing the standards of ethical business practices, honours companies with top ratings in five categories – ethics and compliance, corporate citizenship and responsibilities, culture of ethics, governance and leadership and reputation.
For decades, Ford has recognized the importance of strong corporate citizenship and how that ties to success and building the company’s reputation. More than half of respondents to the 2016 Harris Poll Reputation Quotient said they learn more about a company before deciding to do business with them. More than one-third decided not to do business with a company if they perceive the business has a negative reputation.
For more information about Ethisphere Institute’s methodology and to view the complete list of 2016 World’s Most Ethical Companies, visit http://ethisphere.com/worlds-most-ethical/wme-honorees/.
In addition to this honour from Ethisphere Institute, Ford has received additional honours, including:
– Forbes 2015 America’s Best Employers (133)
– Human Rights Campaign 2015 Corp. Equality Index – 100 percent
– Fast Company 50 Most Innovative Companies
– Universum 2015 U.S. Most Attractive Employer – Engineering (18)
– Universum 2015 World’s Most Attractive Company – Engineering (15)
– Fortune Change the World List
– Fortune World’s Most Admired
– LinkedIn 100 Most InDemand Employers
– Forbes Best Companies for Work-Life Balance