Published on September 12th, 2016 | by Daniel Sherman Fernandez0
Up Up & Up, 2016 Ford Sales Stars (Asia-Pacific)
Ford in the Asia Pacific region is enjoying a continued good sales run and the markets and vehicles that are booming are varied to each market.
- Ford Edge (not available in Malaysia) – sales up 300% in China in 2016
- Ford Mustang – top-selling sports car in all markets launched
- Strong demand for Ford Ranger and Transit lifted sales in Vietnam by 57% in August
- EcoSport, Ranger and Everest sales drive Ford sales in the Philippines up by more than 90%
- Ford Ranger has increased its sales in Thailand by 10%
Ford Asia-Pacific President, Dave Schoch, said the region has really got behind the brand this year.
“Reaching 1 million sales so quickly is a testament to the growing strength of our brand and products.
“Even with intense competition and challenging business conditions, Ford continues to grow and reach new customers in Asia-Pacific.”