Published on October 16th, 2016 | by Daniel Sherman Fernandez0
RALLY DE ESPAÑA, SÉBASTIEN OGIER WINS 4th WRC TITLE IN A ROW
Sébastien Ogier has won his 4th World Rally Championship for Volkswagen by winning the 2016 Rally Catalunya – Rally de España. Ogier, now joins the likes of Juha Kannkunen and Tommi Mäkinen who have won four World Rally Championships. The victory was the 37th of Ogier’s career.
The three Hyundai’s of Dani Sordo, Thierry Neuville, Hayden Paddon are second, third and fourth respectively after recovering from the abrasive Corsican asphalt at the previous round at Tour de Corse.
The final Hyundai of Kevin Abbring claimed his best-ever result to date in the WRC in seventh, while Jan Kopecký, Pontus Tidemand and Craig Breen complete the top ten for Rally Catalunya 2016.
Rally de Espana Standings
- Sebastien Ogier FRA Volkswagen Motorsport Polo R WRC 3hrs 13m 03.6s M
- Dani Sordo ESP Hyundai Motorsport Next Gen i20 WRC +15.6s M
- Thierry Neuville BEL Hyundai Motorsport Next Gen i20 WRC +1m 15.0s M
- Hayden Paddon NZL Hyundai Motorsport N Next Gen i20 WRC +1m 27.8s M
- Mads Ostberg NOR M-Sport WRT Ford Fiesta RS WRC +3m 24.4s M
- Ott Tanak EST DMACK WRT Ford Fiesta RS WRC +5m 24.9s T
- Kevin Abbring NED Hyundai Motorsport Next Gen i20 WRC +7m 31.3s
- Jan Kopecky CZE Skoda Motorsport Fabia R5 +9m 05.1s WRC2
- Pontus Tidemand SWE Skoda Motorsport Fabia R5 +9m 20.4s WRC2
- Craig Breen IRE Abu Dhabi Total WRT Citroen DS3 WRC +9m 57.1s