Published on November 26th, 2016 | by Daniel Sherman Fernandez1
7 reasons to buy a demo unit Subaru Forester this week
1. This Subaru Forester is equipped with two core Subaru technologies: Symmetrical All-Wheel-Drive, affording surefootedness in all conditions; and the latest-generation four-cylinder ‘Boxer’ engines, contributing to the low centre of gravity beneficial to balance, road holding and handling.
2. Inside the cabin, materials and technologies have been introduced to further modernise the interior and introduce a higher-quality look and feel, while still retaining the functionality for which the Forester is renowned.
3. Additional soundproofing measures for significantly improved refinement. A series of modifications have been made beneath the surface of the 2016 Forester to greatly improve cabin refinement.
4. Thicker glass has been applied to every door and the front quarter lights at the base of the A-pillar, reducing the ingress of wind ‘rush’ and other noises into the cabin. For the front quarter lights and front doors, glass thickness has increased from 3.5 mm to 4.0 mm, while rear door glass is now 3.5 mm (up from 3.1 mm).
5. Updated suspension settings at the front and rear ensure the car remains comfortable and refined, particularly over broken or choppy surfaces, while the adoption of a new steering gearbox quickens the steering ratio (from 15.5:1 to 14.0:1) to improve reactions to steering inputs.
6. In uneven or slippery road conditions, the all-terrain capability of the standard Symmetrical All-Wheel-Drive is enhanced further with the X-Mode on Lineartronic CVT models, a control system which includes Hill Descent Control and makes traction even better than SUV’s costing RM30k more.
7. Demo units selling from just RM129,900……..for all of the above included.