Published on February 10th, 2017 | by Daniel Sherman Fernandez3
What car do I buy for my teenage daughter about to start college?
Many middle class Malaysian parents have been having this worry since the car revolution started some 30 years ago in Malaysia. What car do I buy for my teenage daughter about to start college?
Well the choices maybe be plentiful in the used car market, but for many parents, a brand new car means no worries and a stepping stone for their daughter to have transportation when she finishes college, moves into her own little home and starts working.
This means a 5-7-year ownership at least. Here is the latest Perodua Axia and we share 13 reasons why your teen daughter could easily live with this car for the next few years.
Here below are the 13 reasons why the latest Perodua AXIA could be your answer.
2. Your daughter will get an economical car as fuel prices continue to rise and you need to keep finances in check. This AXIA has a new 1.0L VVT-I engine rated for a best fuel sipping consumption of 21.6km/l with an auto gearbox and 22.5km/l for a manual gearbox.
3. She can also check her driving style with the Eco-drive mode indicator that will help save fuel in city driving.
4. She need not worry about motorcycle riding handbag smash and snatch thieves as there is ‘anti-snatch’ hook at the side of the front passenger seat.
5. A social outing with her friends will be easy as this AXIA has ample space for 5 adults and some luggage in the rear.
6. Not to worry if your daughter is a petite girl as this AXIA comes with a driver’s seat that can adjust for height.
7. It is her first time driving and you do not want her having problems parking this new AXIA, not to worry as Perodua has installed rear park sensors.
8. Getting in and out of the car in the rain means rushing to open the door. Not to worry as this AXIA comes with remote entry keys.
9. She will probably be buying take away food quite often and where and how will she carry these items without spilling? Well, both the AXIA front seats have shopping hooks at the back of them.
10. Will she be able to send and service the AXIA herself without you worrying about it? Yes, as Perodua has a 5-year or 150,000 warranty and the service centers have WiFi for her to surf the web, chat and utilize social media on her phone while waiting.
12. With 182 service centers (YES, you read it right….182) around Malaysia, east and west, she will have no issues finding a service center wherever she is. Also when she decides to take a road trip with her friends she will be able to find a service center easily if a problem occurs.
13. With 260-liters of boot space and a flexible interior she could easily send you and the wife to the airport when you take that much needed holiday from the savings you made buying this new Axia.
So now that you know the relevant facts, it is time to visit a Perodua showroom and get a closer look and take a test drive to make a decision.