Published on March 8th, 2017 | by Subhash Nair0
Groupe Renault Drives Product Offensive at Geneva Motor Show
Groupe Renault continues its product offensive with exciting new products under brands Renault, Alpine and Dacia at the 87th Geneva International Motor Show. Groupe Renault brings offerings in new segments, with more creativity and updates to existing models that expand options for customers.
Fun and powerful, the ZOE e-Sport Concept boasts a standstill-to-100kph acceleration time worthy of a supercar. Renault’s new vision of electric motoring channels both its EV expertise and its winning record in the FIA Formula E Championship. Meanwhile, Renault’s product offensive in Europe continues as it enters new market segments with the Alaskan, a one-tonne pick-up, and strengthens its comprehensive line-up of crossovers with the already-popular New Captur, and the upper range New Koleos.
ZOE e-Sport Concept
The ZOE e-Sport Concept is the fully electric concept car that embodies Renault’s commitment to the idea that electric cars can be fun and fast.
The sporting credentials of the ZOE e-Sport Concept extend beyond the car’s styling and the same striking blue livery as the Renault e.dams team’s front-running Formula E single-seaters.
The bodywork of the ZOE e-Sport Concept is made entirely from lightweight carbon fibre, which helps to ensure outstanding acceleration from standstill to 100kph in just 3.2 seconds.
The car tips the scales at a mere 1,400 kilograms, including 450 kilograms of batteries.
New Captur and Renault’s line-up of crossovers
In 2013, Renault introduced Captur. Today Captur is the number one seller in its segment in Europe. This renewed model takes Captur strengths to another level. New Captur is even more attractive, more functional and packed with innovations.
It is more attractive, thanks to its French design. Design is indeed the first reason for buying a Renault:
- New Captur includes the new face of Renault with its C shaped light signature
- It’s also more customizable, with 3 new colours that enable 30 paint combinations
- There are also a lot of changes inside : more light with a large, fix sunroof, a choice of 6 interior colours and more refinement with high quality material
Regarding its functional side, New Captur offers new features that make our customers life easier everyday:
- First of all, Renault kept all features that make Captur so practical, like the magic drawer, the sliding rear bench, the removable seat covers and many clever storage
- But Renault added lots of technology: a premium Bose sound system for music lovers, the most advanced multimedia system, R Link evolution, which includes a wide range of connected services and is now compatible with Android Auto
- Finally, in order to make driving safer and easier, New Captur now comes with state of the art ADAS features, like Easy park assist, Front park assist and our new blind Spot warning.
Renault also introduces an Initiale Paris version that shows Renault expertise in upper range cars: it comes with an exclusive Black Amethyst colour; special 17 inch alloys, chrome details and high quality materials such as Nappa leather seats
Talking about upper range, New Koleos is coming in June to Europe. Sturdy, elegant and comfortable, New Koleos was successfully launched in Asia.
Renault offers now a complete range of crossovers, from B to D segment. But its product offensive has also extended to another segment that is new to us, the pick-up segment.
Renault will present a fully-equipped version of the Alaskan to coincide with the announcement of the car’s upcoming launch in Europe at the end of 2017. Robust and powerful, this athletic off-roader boasts a design that makes it stand out from other one-tonne pick-ups.
Alpine is back in the sports car market aiming to deliver genuine driving enjoyment. Read more about their new A110 here.