Published on March 22nd, 2017 | by Daniel Sherman Fernandez0
We should paint our tires to ‘trick’ our cars
Ever thought about painting your tire sidewall? Adding more exposure to your tire brand? Or just want to make your vehicle look more attractive. Well just look at this attractive work done on this Porsche. It stands out and gets attention. The same attention you will get from your car for sure.
So this is what you need to do:
- Wash your tire sidewalls with detergent (dish washing liquid is ok) to get out the grease, grime and dust.
- Air dry it……don’t park in the sun as the tire sidewall will get too hot.
- When totally dry start your artwork.
- Start with a tire stencil which can be used to place over your car rubber tire then sprayed with paint, to create a tire lettering look.
- You can also use regular rubber paint. One of the advantages of using paint, is the readiness of paint supplies and stencil material at your local hardware store. It is also a cheap and cost effective way to brand tire sidewalls since paint and stencil material would only run about RM50-RM60.00 for a smart creative enthusiast.
- You can also use a colored paint pen which makes it easier to color in the very fine details within letters or design on the tire sidewall. Paint pens also comes in many different colors and might cost a little more but with a steady hand and some patience you could have your car looking like this Porsche.
The idea of painting the tire has been around since the 1960’s, and since then there have been new developments in the way tires can be marked. Paint is known to have a tendency to crack or fade on the tire over time and can also be difficult to remove.