Published on October 12th, 2017 | by Daniel Sherman Fernandez0
Connected, intuitive technology with R-LINK 2 multimedia system and speedometer
Get inside the cabin of the Koleos and central to the Koleos is an 8.7-inch portrait touchscreen on the dashboard center console. It’s called the R-LINK 2.
This is a key feature of the new Koleos’ interior and also key to travelling comfort. The system serves as a connected control centre to coordinate functions like infotainment, navigation, hands-free telephony, radio and driver aids. Key features are:
- Portrait screen format is 8.7 inches wide
- Same tactile functions as personal tablet (two-finger zoom, page scrolling, drag and drop, etc.)
- Display theme is customizable to five different colours and can be alternated between dark-on-light or light-on-dark configuration
- Four customisable homepages with widgets for easy access to the most frequently
- Customize your screen with your favorite features. For example, you can view navigation and your favorite contacts on the same screen
- Realistic navigation display with 3D representation of buildings
- Connectivity and charging options, include Bluetooth® for hands-free phone and audio streaming, a USB port, a 3.5mm jack socket, a 12V power supply
- Voice recognition feature for navigation and phone instructions
In addition to the convenience and safety aspects, some of the support features of the all-new Koleos can be controlled using the R-LINK 2 tablets such as the Blind Spot Warning (BSW), rear view camera, and rear parking sensors.
Driving data (speed, RPM, fuel consumption, etc.) is displayed on a personalisable 7-inch colour screen situated behind the steering wheel, in the driver’s line of sight.