Published on January 18th, 2018 | by Daniel Sherman Fernandez0
8 Features You Need To Know About The Mercedes E350 plugin hybrid
The Mercedes-Benz E 350 e is a plugin hybrid luxury vehicle possessing decent performance and cutting edge technology combined with fuel efficiency and environment-friendly elements.
- The electric battery system in this E 350 e is capable of covering a distance of 21 miles at full charge without the help of the petrol engine.
- The electric battery takes just three (3) hours to charge with a standard home socket.
- The E 350 e has an impressive NEDC fuel consumption figure of just 2.1 litres per 100 kilometres. This fuel efficiency is better than some compact small engine EEV cars.
- The E 350 e has a system output of 286hp and a torque of 550Nm.
- When the electric battery system of fully charged you can enjoy up to 33 kilometres of emission-free driving, depending on the individual driving profile and the ambient conditions.
- Priced at RM392,888.00, this E-Class will accelerate from zero to 100km/h in just 6.2 seconds and the combination of instant torque from the electric motor and high-revving turbo engine means the car never feels sluggish.
- The drive system works with a brand new 9G-TRONIC nine-speed automatic transmission for better efficiency and interior noise levels.
- Tests conducted by Germany’s TÜV has shown that owning and recycling the new E350e emits around 44% less C02 than the outgoing E350 CGI, which offered similar performance to the new hybrid, but ran with a conventional petrol engine instead. The testing assumes the car has been charged using a conventional European plug, but also says using renewable energy to charge the battery could improve that figure to 63% over the course of 250,000 km