Published on February 4th, 2018 | by Daniel Sherman Fernandez0
8 Reasons Why You Should Test Drive The NEW Subaru XV
- This new XV is built on the new Subaru Global Platform and features a new exterior design with a more sculpted body with prominent wheel arches and flowing lines. Riding on a 30-mm longer wheelbase than the previous generation, there is substantially more room in the cabin.
- A total of 7 SRS Airbags, front, side, curtain & knee now comes standard with both variants to provide peace of mind for the driver and passengers wherever you go.
- The Subaru Lineartronic Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT) incorporates two adjustable pulleys with a chain link for stepless gear ratio. This feature ensures a smooth and comfortable driving experience with optimum power at any speed for better fuel efficiency.
- Lineartronic adjusts to any ratio in its range for smooth and stepless gear changes that keep the engine in its most efficient range for efficient and smooth acceleration, driving performance, and better fuel efficiency. It comes paired with Subaru’s active torque split AWD system. Its default torque of 60% front and 40% rear is adjusted up to a 50/50 split in response to real-time traction conditions.
- The boxer engine derives its name from the horizontal movement of its pistons, which resembles the quick, jab-like motions of a boxer’s fists. Although not a global standard, Subaru remains solely committed to the SUBARU BOXER engine because it embodies the Subaru promise of delivering enjoyment and peace of mind to all passengers. It also represents our steadfast commitment to technological innovation and engineering excellence.
- Subaru Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive system evenly and continuously distributes power to all four wheels. This stable layout, with even weight distribution, gives the vehicle better overall balance and precision cornering control, allowing sufficient traction in slippery conditions to help keep you safe in bad weather and uneven roads.
- Now, with the addition of X-MODE, it’s more fun to drive than ever before and adds a whole new range of possible destinations for all your weekend journeys, and gets you there with peace of mind. X-MODE helps to give you reliable control with a push of a button. The technology of X-MODE takes command of the engine, transmission, Symmetrical AWD, brakes, and other components to safely navigate through challenging road conditions and varying terrain. When X-MODE is activated, Hill Descent Control automatically helps to maintain a constant speed when the SUBARU XV is travelling downhill.
- The SUBARU XV is ready when you are, to support you on all your urban and weekend outings. The wide, almost square luggage compartment opening is much larger, allowing even easier luggage loading and unloading. Inside, there’s even more space between the wheel housings. There is more rear seat legroom (26-mm) and extra space under the front seats for the rider’s feet. It also has a wider (100-mm), squared off opening for the trunk, with 588 litres capacity with the seats up and 1,565L folded down. The load floor is flat and there’s an under-floor storage spot for the privacy cover.
Subaru XV 2.0 i-P Specifications
Engine: Boxer 4-cylinder, DOHC 16v
Gearbox: Lineartronic CVT with 7-speed mode
Max power: 156hp @ 6000rpm
Max torque: 196Nm @ 4000Nm
0-100km/h: 10.4 secs
Top Speed: 194km/h
Selling Price: From RM118,819.00