Published on March 30th, 2018 | by Subhash Nair0
There’s a New Koleos 2WD Variant in Renault Showrooms
TC Euro Cars, the sole franchise holder of Renault vehicles in Malaysia, today announced that the Koleos Signature – a new two-wheel drive (2WD) variant of Renault’s flagship D-segment SUV – is now available and open for booking at all Renault branch showrooms nationwide.
As part of Renault’s premium range, Koleos has been conceived and meticulously thought through to meet the demands of exacting customers on every continent. An authentic D-segment SUV, the Koleos benefits from Renault’s 120 years of experience and technical know-how. It delivers a blend of robust SUV design cues, combining rugged assertive styling with the refinement and comfort associated with large saloon cars.
The new Koleos Signature variant presents an intermediate offering within Renault’s high-end large SUV line-up in Malaysia, which currently includes the Koleos 2WD and 4WD.
Offering enhanced connectivity, Koleos Signature incorporates a new smartphone replication feature through the R-LINK 2 multimedia system that is compatible with both Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™. This function is integrated into the vehicle’s capacitive touchscreen display and allows for information to be easily transferred from one display to another. A steering wheel-activated control allows drivers to safely and vocally communicate instructions when accessing the various apps that are suitable for use while driving, such as calling, messaging and music.
For added convenience, the Koleos Signature comes with a hands-free power tailgate, which is also available in the 4WD variant. The power tailgate can be easily controlled via buttons from within the vehicle and directly on the power tailgate, as well as using the Renault Smart Keycard. Even with arms fully laden and the keycard buried deep in a pocket or handbag, the boot can be opened with a simple swipe of the foot underneath the rear bumper while the height can be programmed according to individual needs.
Koleos Signature also features additional refinement and styling, with a new electric panoramic sunroof that adds a premium touch while enhancing in-cabin ambience, as well as premium brown leather seat upholstery that portrays understated elegance.
The Koleos Signature is powered by a 2.5-litre petrol engine that is mated to an X-Tronic CVT automatic transmission for enhanced performance and driving enjoyment while optimising fuel consumption. This efficient engine is capable of delivering maximum power of 171 PS and peak torque of 226Nm. It is also responsive at low and mid-range engine speeds.
The new Renault Koleos Signature variant is available at RM198,800 (on-the-road inclusive of GST, without insurance, for Peninsular Malaysia and private registration). Colour options available include Marron Red, Universal White, Meissen Blue, Grey Metallic and Black Metallic.
The Koleos Signature will be on display at Renault showrooms nationwide from today onwards, and will be on display as part of Renault’s showcase at the Malaysia Autoshow 2018, which takes place from 26 to 29 April 2018.
The Koleo’s SUV capability is evident in its powerful and athletic exterior lines, large 18-inch alloy wheels, elevated driving position of 150mm over a traditional sedan that is highly prized by SUV buyers, tall and wide dashboard that exudes a sense of safety and protection, high ground clearance as well as wide approach and departure angles of the doors which count amongst the widest in the its segment (70 degrees at the front and 77 degrees for the rear doors).
Painstaking attention to cabin appointments and materials selected for the quality they exude ensure that the Renault Koleos delivers high standard of travelling comfort for drivers and passengers. Key highlights include:
• Generous interior space with one of the longest wheelbases in its class
• Front seats that are amongst the segment’s biggest and most comfortable
• Amongst the best-in-class space for rear passengers with knee room of 289mm as well as generous head room, shoulder room and elbow room
• A 542-litre boot that features a clever removable floor positioned at the same height as the boot, which forms a flat floor
• The Easy Break system, with handles conveniently located in the boot, which allows the 60/40-split rear bench seat to be folded in an instant, freeing up a total carrying capacity of 1690 litres
• Thirty-five litres of additional storage around the cabin of the Renault Koleos, including an 11-litre glove box and a seven-litre cubby in the centre console
• Use of attractive, scratch-resistant materials such as a stylish satin-finish chrome for the steering wheel inserts as well as gear lever and air vent inserts
• The centre console is covered by a protective film that is hardy and pleasing to the touch
• The cushion-backed materials selected for the dashboard and door panels also contribute to the cabin’s restful ambience
• Travelling comfort is further enhanced by customisable LED cabin lighting, with a palette of hues ranging from green, to blue, yellow red or violet, depending on the mood of the driver and passengers.
The Koleos benefits from Renault’s vast experience in the realm of passive safety. It has passed the new protocol of 2016 Euro NCAP tests with excellent scores of 90 percent for adult occupant protection, 70 percent for children, 62 percent for pedestrians and 75 percent for safety assist.
As with the 2WD and 4WD variants, the Koleos Signature is equally equipped with multiple passive and active safety features including:
• The use of very high elastic limit steel for the engine frame and high-strength steel for the passenger safety cell to protect the cabin in the case of a major impact.
• Two adaptive front airbags that inflate according to the type of impact and the occupant’s position in the car
• Two lateral thorax/shoulder airbags for the front occupants
• Two curtain airbags
• Anti-whiplash front and rear head rests
• Anti-submarining front seats
• Rear ISOFIX anchorage for i-Size child seats
• All the seat belts are equipped with pretensioners and load limiters
• Blind spot warning system
• Latest-generation Electronic Stability Programme (ESP) with Traction Control
• Emergency Brake Assist (EBA) and Electronic Brake Force Distribution (EBD)
• Hill Start Assist (HAS)
• Rear view camera
• Front, rear and side parking sensors
In addition to the new compatibility with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto app, the Koleos Signature comes with a full kit of standard equipment for exceptional connectivity and convenience through the R-LINK 2 multimedia system. This connected tablet can be found across the brand’s high-end range and coordinates the majority of the vehicle’s functions such as infotainment, navigation, hands-free telephony, radio and driver aids thanks to the following features:
• An 8.7-inch portrait screen format, seamlessly integrated into the dashboard design
• Same capacitive touchscreen functions as personal tablet (two-finger zoom, page scrolling, etc.)
• Realistic navigation display with 3D representation of buildings
• Connectivity and charging options include Bluetooth® for hands-free use of a telephone and audio streaming, a USB port, a 3.5mm jack socket, a 12V power supply and an SD card slot
• Voice recognition for telephone use
• Four customisable homepages with widgets for swift access to the most frequently employed functions
Working in tandem with the R-LINK 2 tablet, key driving data such as speed, engine speed, fuel consumption and navigation instructions is displayed on a customisable seven-inch colour TFT screen situated behind the steering wheel, in the driver’s line of sight.
Like all Renault mainstream vehicles, the Koleos comes with a five-year full manufacturer’s warranty with unlimited mileage. This warranty is fully backed by Renault and not undertaken by any other insurance companies, which means terms and conditions as well as parts covered are consistent from the first year of ownership to the end of the warranty period.