Published on July 17th, 2018 | by Daniel Sherman Fernandez0
Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean Deep Black ‘Volvo Ocean Race’, Just 73 Pieces
This Omega is a 73-piece limited edition with chronograph function. Which means it is very rare and marks the end of another worlds class race that cannot be matched on wheels.
Omega is the official timekeeper of the Volvo Ocean Race and so one of the 73 watches goes to the captain of the winning team. The watch is similar to the Seamaster Planet Ocean Deep Black GMT with the GMT function replaced by a chronograph function.
The dial is made of brushed black ceramic and shows the Limited Edition number in the red ring around the hour counter. The red ring shows white text “Volvo Ocean Race 2017/18. This 45.50 mm chronograph features a black ceramic case and a black ceramic bezel with red rubber for the first 15 minutes. Liquidmetal™ completes the rest of the diving scale while red rubber is also used on the pushers, the OMEGA logo on the crown, and for the “He” symbol on the helium escape valve.
The brushed black ceramic dial includes 18K white gold hour-minute hands and indexes. On the subdial at 3 o’clock, OMEGA has included a red Volvo Ocean Race ring that features a Limited Edition number as well as coloured hands and number 12.
As well as having a Volvo Ocean Race logo on the caseback, the watch includes a Master Chronometer Calibre 9900 and is presented on a black rubber strap with red stitching.
Congrats to the Dongfeng Race Team for winning this years race and all the participants of the worlds most excruciating race.
- Between Lugs: 22 mm
- Bracelet: rubber strap
- Dial colour: Black
- Crystal: Domed scratch-resistant sapphire crystal with anti-reflective treatment on both sides
- Water resistance: 60 bar (600 metres / 2000 feet)
- Case: Ceramic – 45.5mm in diameter – screw down case-back with NAIAD Lock – screw down crown, helium valve and pushers – water resistant to 600 meter
- Movement: Omega in-house calibre 9900 – central hours and minutes, small seconds, date at 6 o’clock, chronograph with central second hand, minute and hour register at 3 o’clock – METAS certified – anti-magnetic to 15,000 Gauss
- Reference: 22.214.171.124.01.002
- Price: EUR 11,600
- Limited Edition of 73 pieces only