Published on July 6th, 2018 | by Amirul Mukminin0
This is What You Need to Know About the Upcoming Art of Speed 2018
Art of Speed Malaysia (AOS 2018) is back with its annual treat for motorheads showcasing the local custom car and motorcycle scene, art galleries and interactive activities as well as exciting lucky draws and prize giveaways.
The event will be held at the Malaysia Agro Exposition Park, Serdang (MAEPS), on 28 and 29 July 2018 from 10:00 am – 7:00 pm. The show is expecting 40,000 visitors across both days.
Cars and bikes enthusiasts will have the chance to meet international guests such as:
- James Ken Blackmon and Wilburlavard Thomas III from Trico; USA
- Dean Ian Micetich and Jimmy Dean Horn Jr. from Dice Magazine; USA
- Mark Arcenal from Illest/Fatlace; USA
- Jeff Holt from V-Twin Visionary Magazine; USA
- Nau Shima and Yuki Hitomi from Tokyo Indians MC; Japan
- Ray Luke Matthew Bellerby from Fuel Tank Magazine; Australia
- Geoffrey Douglas Baldwin from Return of the Café Racers; Australia
- Makoto Watanabe from Chopper Journal Magazine; Japan
- Yoshida Shinya from YENC Magazine, Japan
- Kanda Manabu from Kalifornia Look Magazine, Japan
- Dino Dalle Carbonare from Speedhunters.com; Japan
- The Nash from Burnout Magazine; Japan
- Shige Suganuma and Hiro “Wildman” Ishii from MOONEYES
- Gen from Love Ear Art; Japan
- Ken Sugihara from Fustyworks; Japan
- Mr. G Tiki Art & Pinstriping; Japan
- Makoto M&K Custom Signs; Japan
- Cynar from Japan
- Daisuke Sakon from Kustomstyle; Japan
Special highlights for AOS 2018 will include:
- Art of Speed Invitational Bike Build Off 2018 powered by PETRONAS, which will see 8 builders from Malaysia & Singapore vying for RM10,000 cash prize (jury selection) & RM5,000.00 cash prize (public choice).
- Hot Wheels 50th Anniversary celebration with Dmitriy Shakhmatov, Global Hot Wheels Product Design Manager.
- The HOUSE OF VANS Skateboard & BMX Competition and art workshop.
- Hail Vintage 2018 vintage denim exhibition which includes vintage denim from 1870 and a collection valued at over RM1 million. They will also host a vintage and collectible market.
- Art Of Speed X Dice Magazine Party, featuring acts such as Gerhana Ska Cinta and Black & Blues Band with a DJ set by Disko Santan. It will be held at Jenerator, KL City Walk on 28 July 2018, Saturday night at 10pm – 1am.
- Mudah.my as the Official Motorcycle Marketplace will feature a special collaboration with Pa’din Musa who built a custom streetcub that will be unveiled at the show.
The main stage of AOS, which is now known as ‘Sound Circus’, will feature Fox Wanna Fly as the opening act on Saturday who will perform the event’s official theme song entitled “Inspirasi”. Visitors will also be treated to popular bands such as Plague Of Happiness and Bittersweet.
There will also be lucky draws on Saturday and Sunday where the public stand a chance to win a paid package trip for one to visit the 27th Annual Yokohama Hotrod Custom Show 2018 and a fully customised C600R Streetcub by FNG Works.
Keeping up with its tradition of inspiring locals, the organisers will once again bring in souped up vintage and custom vehicles from overseas. This year, visitors will be treated to:
- Nau Shima and Yuki Hitomi from Tokyo Indians MC featuring two units of 1947 Indian Chief motorcycles (Japan).
- Shige Suganuma (owner of MOONEYES) featuring 1978 Harley-Davidson Sportster “MQQN DIGGER” and a 1954 MQQN Beetle drag race car built by Masashi Tazaki from One Low Japan and driver Yutaka Kijimoto.
Bryan Scott Thompson of Thompson Cycles and his 1955 Vans Triumph will also be featured at the House of Vans booth in Hall A.
Other activities include:
- Motorcycle test rides by Indian Motorcycles & Royal Enfield
- Roda Rumble 2018 – Two Wheels Gathering & Outdoor Festival
- Food Park featuring food trucks, outdoor marketplace and vintage flea market
AOS 2018 will also organise its fourth Mega Club Gathering and Roda Rumble by the Retro Mania boys that will inject new excitement to all classic, retro and olskool vehicle owners.
The winner of Best of Show for motorcycle and automobile categories will win a trip to the 27th Annual MOONEYES Yokohama Hotrod and Custom Show this coming December as the Guest of Honour.