Published on November 18th, 2018 | by Daniel Sherman Fernandez0
Jeep Gladiator Pickup Confirmed
Meet the Jeep Gladiator. It is the first Jeep pickup vehicle and is expected to debut at the LA auto show later this month.
Jeep’s latest pickup will be powered by a 3.6-liter Pentastar V-6 engine with stop/start. The engine will be connected to an e8-speed automatic or 6-speed manual transmission. A turbo four-cylinder available in the Wrangler will probably be added in later.
It will use third-generation Dana 44 axles, Tru-Lok electric front and rear axle lockers, Tru-Lok limited slip differential and be able to ford 30 inches of water. A sway-bar disconnect will be standard. Like the Wrangler, the Gladiator’s tires will measure 33 inches, the windshield will fold down and it will feature a bunch of door and top combinations. The Jeep Gladiator will have a 5-foot bed.
Some of the Gladiator features:
- Up to 30 inches of water fording
- Best-in-class towing and 4×4 payload:
- Up to 7,650 pounds of towing capacity
- Up to 1,600 pounds of payload capacity
- Crew cab configuration features a durable five-foot steel bed with covered external power source and strong integrated tie-downs, providing versatility for flexible cargo options
- Modern, authentic design instantly recognizable as a Jeep:
- Iconic keystone-shaped grille, round headlamps and square tail lamps
- Rugged-yet distinguished design bolsters aerodynamics
- Convenient fold-down windshield for off-road purists
- The only true open-air 4×4 pickup truck with easy-to-use premium soft top and two hardtops
- Dozens of different door, top and windshield combinations
- Lightweight, high-strength aluminum doors, hinges, hood, fenders, windshield frame and tailgate help curtail weight and boost fuel economy
- Suspension tuned to optimize on-road handling and ride comfort without sacrificing off-road capability, payload or towing capability
- Advanced fuel-efficient powertrains:
- 6-liter Pentastar V-6 engine with Engine Stop-Start (ESS)
- Eight-speed automatic or six-speed manual transmission
- 0-liter EcoDiesel V-6 with ESS and an eight-speed automatic transmission available in 2020
- Fourth-generation Uconnect system includes Apple Carplay, Android Auto and the choice of 7.0- or 8.4-inch touchscreens with pinch-and-zoom capability