Published on January 21st, 2019 | by Daniel Sherman Fernandez0
5-Reasons why you should wait for the next BMW 330e PHEV
This is the all new 330e – a plug-in hybrid version of BMW’s best seller. Here are 5 reasons for you keep your cash for its arrival this year.
- On paper, the soon to arrive BMW 330e plug-in hybrid (PHEV) is a much cleaner PHEV than before. CO2 emissions are down 10% to just 39g/km on the test cycle.
- BMW claims that this new 330e is able to return 138 mpg fuel economy.
- The zero-emissions, EV-only range of the 330e is up by 50% to 37 miles on silent electric mode.
- Under the bonnet, the 330e uses a 181bhp 2.0-litre 4-cylinder turbo engine and combines it with a 67bhp electric motor for e-mode. In standard configuration, the 330e’s hybrid powertrain is good for 249bhp.
- Its powerful and so the 0-100km/h launch time is just 6.0 seconds, according to BMW with a top speed of 143mph.
Interestingly, both EV-only range and top speed on electric power are increased; this new 330e will top up to 102km/h without the aid of a petrol engine.