Published on January 7th, 2019 | by Daniel Sherman Fernandez0
8 Points To Take Note About The NEW BMW 8-Series
This all new BMW 8-Series Coupe is a TRUE dream car boasting outstanding performance, emotion-stirring design, state-of-the-art luxury and exceptionally advanced equipment features when it comes to display and control technology, driver assistance and connectivity. Here are 8 points for you to take note about this super tourer.
- This new BMW 8-Series Coupe will be built at the BMW Dingolfing plant, which is also home to the BMW 7-Series sedans meaning that it has acquired tremendous expertise in the manufacture of luxury vehicles.
- The digit ‘8’ in the model name is indicative of the newcomer’s high-ranking status within BMW’s product range. As in the past with the BMW Z8 and also with the current BMW i8, it is reserved for exceptionally sporty cars that fire the emotions.
- The BMW 8-Series Coupe will therefore be a key component of the luxury segment model offensive set out by the BMW Group as part of its NUMBER ONE > NEXT strategy.
- The primary development objective for the new BMW 8-Series Coupe was thrilling driving dynamics. Body, powertrain and suspension were consistently honed to achieve the supreme agility, precision and poise expected of a top-class sports car.
- Remarkably powerful engines were combined with the BMW xDrive intelligent all-wheel-drive system and BMW EfficientLightweight design measures.
- The new BMW 8-Series Coupe was developed in parallel to the BMW M8 GTE, which had already proven its potential in the FIA World Endurance Championship (WEC) long-distance races and in the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship (IWSC) held in North America.
- Carbon Black metallic and Barcelona Blue metallic will be offered as additional exterior colours for the BMW M850i xDrive Coupe and in conjunction with the M Sport package.
- The launch of the BMW M850i xDrive Coupe also marks the premiere of a new V8 engine. The latest generation of the 4.4-litre eight-cylinder unit has been radically revised and numerous details optimised. Two twin-scroll turbochargers with charge air cooling located within the V-shaped space between the cylinder banks, High Precision Injection, VALVETRONIC fully variable valve control and Double-VANOS variable camshaft timing all form part of the M Performance TwinPower Turbo technology, whose extensive overhaul has given a substantial boost to maximum output, torque and efficiency.