Published on August 28th, 2019 | by Subhash Nair0
CKD Variants of Peugeot 3008 Launched in Malaysia
The extremely good looking Peugeot 3008 is now available in Malaysia in new locally-assembled variants.
The 3008 comes in two variants:
- 3008 SUV PLUS Active (RM150,888)
- 3008 SUV PLUS Allure (RM163,888)
Both are powered by a turbocharged 1.6-litre direct-injection petrol engine. These engines are good for 165hp and 240Nm of torque. They send this power to the front wheels via a 6-speed conventional automatic gearbox sourced from Aisin. A few drive modes are configurable with a twist of a knob (Normal, ESP off, Snow, Mud and Sand). The performance of this SUV is impressive with a 0-100km/h time of just 8.9 seconds, a top speed of 205km/h and average fuel efficiency of 7L/100km.
A highlight of the new Peugeot SUVs is the i-Cockpit Amplify. It can be configured to ‘Boost’ or ‘Relax’ modes which change the ambience of the cabin. Activating the new Drive Sport Pack heightens the sight, touch and hearing senses for a sporty grip and feeling through stiffer assisted steering, more responsive accelerator, greater engine and gearbox agility and digitally amplified engine sound.
Other similarities include the following equipment specifications:
- Black Leather interior
- 18″ rims wrapped in Continental CrossContact LX2 Tyres
- 6 airbags
- Advanced Electronic Stability Program, Advanced Grip Control, Hill Start Assist, Indirect Tyre Pressure Detection
- 8-way power-adjustable driver seat, 6-way power-adjustable passenger seat
- Dual-zone auto climate control
- 8″ touchscreen with 6-speaker Arkamsys sound system
- Keyless Entry and push-to-start button
- Reverse camera with rear parking sensors
- 12.3″ digital instrument cluster (now with Onyx graphical style and Personal modes)
What you get on the Allure for RM13,000 more includes the following:
- Driver assistance systems (Blind Spot Information System, Active Lane Departure Warning, Driver Attention Alert, Speed Limit Information System)
- Powered panoramic sunroof
- Powered tailgate with hands-free opening (kick motion activated)
- Ambient lighting
- Auto-Dimming rearview mirror
- LED Headlamps
- Front parking sensors
- Difference interior stitching (Graphite vs Goa stitching)
The 3008 is offered in the following colours:
- Nera Black
- Pearl White
- Amazonite Grey
- Aster Grey (new)
- Metallic Copper (exclusive to 3008)
Value-added features include:
- 5-Years Peace of Mind Warranty
- 3-Years Free Service
- 24-Hours Peugeot Assistance Towing Service
- Complimentary Acess to SkyLounge at Subang Skypark
The 3008 was initially launched in Malaysia as a CBU model and went on to be the best selling European SUV in the country.
Now the 3008 is assembled alongside the 5008 in the Naza Automotive Manufacturing (NAM) facility, a plant shared between Groupe PSA and Naza Group.