Published on November 25th, 2019 | by Subhash Nair0
Updated Renault Koleos Now in Malaysia
3 years since the introduction of the 2nd-generation Renault Koleos, TC Euro Cars has now launched an updated version of the car. The new Koleos will be available in standard (RM179,888) and Signature (RM189,888) variants. Both are available on the Renault Subscription platform as well.
Here’s what’s new on the updated Renault Koleos:
- The Easy Break system, with handles conveniently located in the boot, which allows the 60/40 split rear bench seat to be folded in an instant, freeing up a total carrying capacity of 1690 litres
- Thirty-five litres of additional storage around the cabin of the Renault Koleos, including an 11-litre glove box and a seven-litre cubby in the centre console
- Use of attractive, scratch-resistant materials such as a stylish satin-finish chrome for the steering wheel inserts as well as air vent inserts
- Electric panoramic sunroof that adds a premium touch while enhancing in-cabin ambience (for Koleos Signature only)
- R-LINK 2 multimedia system with an 8.7-inch portrait screen format, seamlessly integrated into the dashboard design with Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ compatibility
- Same capacitive touchscreen functions as a personal tablet (two-finger zoom, page scrolling, etc.)
- Connectivity and charging options include Bluetooth® for hands-free use of a telephone and audio streaming, a USB port, a 3.5mm jack socket, a 12V power supply and an SD card slot
- Voice recognition for telephone use
- Four customisable homepages with widgets for swift access to the most frequently employed functions
- Two adaptive front airbags that inflate according to the type of impact and the occupant’s position in the car
- Two lateral thorax/shoulder airbags for the front occupants
- Two curtain airbags
- Anti-whiplash front and rear headrests
- Anti-submarining front seats
- Rear ISOFIX anchorage for i-Size child seats
- All the seat belts are equipped with pretensioners and load limiters
- Blindspot warning system
- Latest-generation Electronic Stability Programme (ESP) with Traction Control
- Emergency Brake Assist (EBA) and Electronic Brake Force Distribution (EBD)
- Hill Start Assist (HAS)
- Rearview camera
- Front, rear and side parking sensors
- New rear bumper with chrome and two-tone finish
- Amethyst Black, Millesime Red and Ultra Silver in addition to the existing Universal White and Black Metallic colours
- New 18″ alloy wheels on the standard, and 19″ alloy wheels on the Koleos Signature
Here’s the press release with more.
TC Euro Cars (TCEC), the sole franchise holder of Renault vehicles in Malaysia, today announced that the updated Renault Koleos is officially launched.
To celebrate the launch of the new Renault Koleos, TCEC is organising two showroom events for members of the public to explore and test drive Renault’s premium D-segment SUV. The events will be held concurrently at the Glenmarie and Jalan Raja Laut showrooms on 23 November 2019.
The new Renault Koleos is available in two variants – the high-end Koleos and the luxurious Koleos Signature – priced at RM179,888 and RM189,888 respectively (on-the-road inclusive of SST, without insurance, for private registration in Peninsular Malaysia).
Customers who make bookings in November will enjoy trade-in rewards, along with a free services package for five years 100,000km (whichever comes first).
Those who prefer not to commit to lengthy hire-purchase tenures or concerns about depreciation costs have an alternative option to vehicle ownership through Renault Subscription. This unique Subscription model offers two available plans – the Fixed Plan or the Switch Plan.
The Fixed Plan offers customers the freedom to drive the new Koleos for durations of one to two years from as low as RM2,299 per month without having to bother about additional costs for road tax, insurance and regular servicing.
Those who do not require a large SUV on a day-to-day basis can still experience the new Koleos by choosing the Switch Plan. This option offers the Renault Captur crossover as the base model with the flexibility to swap to the new Koleos from as low as RM1,999 per month. Better yet, TCEC has recently added the All-new MEGANE R.S. 280 Cup to the line-up so customers on the Switch Plan can also enjoy the experience of driving a high-performance sports hatch within their Subscription period.
“We are pleased to offer customers more options now to experience not only the new Koleos but the entire Renault line-up, be it through the traditional hire-purchase model or the one-of-a-kind Renault Subscription programme. The increasingly positive response to our unique subscription model has been very encouraging and we are confident that it is meeting what consumers are looking for in their vehicle ownership experience,” said Wong Hoe Mun, CEO, TC Euro Cars.
Understated elegance with more aggressive and muscular styling
Instantly recognisable as a top-of-the-range Renault, the new Koleos’ taut and powerful lines have been made even more muscular with a new front bumper featuring full-width chrome detailing that extends all the way to the fog lamps on each side with two-tone finishing.
At the rear, Renault’s trademark style is again prominently on display updated with a new rear bumper that benefits from the same chrome trims and two-tone finishing as the front.
New 19-inch alloy wheels are now available for the Koleos Signature while the Koleos variant features a new 18-inch alloy wheels.
Updates to the exterior of the new Koleos are completed with new colour options of Amethyst Black, Millesime Red and Ultra Silver in addition to the existing Universal White and Black Metallic colours.
Spacious comfort with enhanced refinements that pamper drivers and occupants
Redolent of luxury, quality and sophistication with front seats that are amongst the segment’s most comfortable, the new Renault Koleos now comes with power seats for both the driver and front passengers.
Additionally, the rear passenger seats have been updated with a two-step adjustable seat configuration for even more comfort in class-leading spaciousness with a knee room of 289mm as well as generous head, shoulder and elbow room.
For added convenience, both variants of the new Renault Koleos are now equipped with the convenient hands-free power tailgate which is height adjustable according to individual needs.
The updated 8.7-inch R-LINK2 multimedia system is now equipped with smartphone replication feature by offering both Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ compatibility.
The new Renault Koleos continues to be powered by a 2.5-litre petrol engine that is mated to an X-Tronic CVT automatic seven-speed transmission for maximum power of 171 PS and peak torque of 226Nm. This combination not only delivers enhanced driving enjoyment, ride comfort and low noise levels but also ensures excellent fuel efficiency of 8.1L/100km.
Like all Renault mainstream vehicles, the new Koleos comes with a five-year full manufacturer’s warranty with unlimited mileage. It also includes a free regular maintenance service package of five years or 100,000km (whichever comes first).
Extensive list of standard kit for convenience, entertainment and safety
Standard equipment and features for New Renault Koleos include:
For more details on Renault Subscription, the new Koleos or Renault in Malaysia visit www.renault.com.my or www.facebook.com/RenaultMalaysia or contact Renault at 1800-18-8663 (Monday – Sunday, 8am – 8pm).