Published on July 8th, 2020 | by Subhash Nair0
Japan Gets Subaru WRX S4 STI Sport #, The # Stands for Sharp
Subaru will be giving something back to their domestic market in the form of the WRX S4 STI Sport #. The company will produce the model in limited quantities, with just 500 planned for release starting the 20th of August 2020. Every single one of these have been sold.
The WRX S4 STI Sport # is both a performance and cosmetic upgrade of the standard WRX with STI parts.
To quote Subaru themselves, “the “WRX S4 STI Sport #” is a model that maximizes STI Sport’s “high-quality running and high texture” by adopting special equipment such as STI parts and performing special tuning.” What is “high texture”? You’ll probably need to take a retreat to Hokkaido to find out.
Here’s what Subaru have done exactly with the WRX S4 STI Sport #.
Main features of the special specification car “WRX S4 STI Sport#”
- STI-made large front under spoiler (glossy black paint)
- 18 inch x 8 1/2J aluminum wheels (black paint)
- Front grille (dark gray silica paint)
- Exterior color “ceramic white” for exclusive use of rear bumper (with air outlet grille)
- RECARO front seat (Ultra suede/genuine leather, black, silver stitch + STI logo included)
- RECARO rear seat (Ultra suede/genuine leather, black, silver stitch)
- Ultra suede winding steering wheel (silver stitch, high gloss black bezel with STI logo)
- Leather-wound shift lever (silver stitch, high-touch leather + high-gloss black decorative panel)
- Shift boot (silver stitch)
- Front console (black leather-like material winding + silver stitch)
- Door trim & door armrest (ultra suede, black, silver stitch)
- Slide Console lid with mechanism (ultra suede, black, silver stitch)
Safety equipment with pretensioner and force limiter Front 3-point ELR seat belt (silver) Rear 3-point ELR seat belt (silver on left and right)
- STI-made flexible tower bar front (for STI Sport# with logo)
- STI-made flexible draw stiffener front (with STI logo)
- STI-made flexible draw stiffener rear (with STI logo) & guard bar (cherry red painting)
- STI-made Low back pressure performance muffler (with STI logo) & exhaust pipe rear
- STI low pressure loss air cleaner element
- CVT oil cooler & radiator fan reinforced type
Special edition “WRX S4 STI Sport #” set with limited 500 units-
SUBARU will partially change the content of the “WRX S4”, announced today on July 6, 2020 and released on August 20.
With this change, the grade configuration is set to “STI Sport EyeSight” only, and it corresponds to the WLTC mode fuel consumption notation.
In addition, Subaru Technica International which is the company of SUBARU’s motorsports has set up a special specification vehicle “WRX S4 STI Sport# (Sharp)” based on the WRX S4 STI Sport EyeSight announced on June 6th.
The “WRX S4 STI Sport#” is a model that maximizes STI Sport’s “high-quality running and high texture” by adopting special equipment such as STI parts and performing special tuning.