Published on December 6th, 2020 | by Amirul Mukminin0
2021 Audi R8 Panther Edition is Only for the US
Audi of America has launched the 2021 Audi R8 Panther edition in the United States. Based on the rear-wheel-drive version of the R8, the Panther edition is limited to just 30 units and only available in coupe form.
Just like the beast it is named after, the limited edition supercar looks stealthy thanks to an Audi exclusive Panther Black crystal effect paint, blacked-out badges and carbon fibre trim on the side mirrors, engine compartment and sideblades. The look is completed by 20-inch double-spoke-dynamic design wheels with red highlights.
Inside, you’ll find a black full leather interior with Crimson red stitching, racing seats wrapped in Crimson red Nappa leather and Alcantara headliner. The same material is also used to trim the gear lever and steering wheel. In addition, the virtual cockpit surround, air cond vents and centre console are done up in carbon fibre.
At the rear, a 5.2-litre naturally-aspirated V10 churns out 532 hp and 540 Nm of torque, enabling the R8 to reach 96 km/h from a standstill in 3.6 seconds, with a top speed of 323 km/h.
Available in Audi US dealerships starting this month, the R8 Panther edition carries a hefty price tag of $183,300 (approximately RM744,472). You can check out the press release for more information:
Just in time for the holiday season, Audi of America announces the 2021 R8 Panther edition. Limited to just 30 coupes, the R8 Panther edition models are the first available units in the R8 rear-wheel-drive model line and feature exclusive interior and exterior design elements.
Unique design cues
With an Audi exclusive paint color, distinctive interior details, and carbon exterior accents, the R8 Panther edition makes its unique character clear.
Every R8 Panther edition will come standard equipped with the following special content:
- Audi exclusive Panther Black crystal effect paint with carbon exterior mirror housings
- 20” 5-double-spoke-dynamic design wheels, milled cut, finished in matte black with red trim, with summer performance tires
- Audi exclusive full leather black interior with Crimson red stitching
- Racing shell seats in Crimson red fine Nappa leather with power height and manual fore/aft seat adjustment
- Sport exhaust system which amplifies the full bodied sound of the V10 engine and can be adjusted using the dedicated satellite button on the steering wheel or via the Audi drive select setting
- Alcantara® covered gear selector and parcel shelf
- Diamond stitched Alcantara® headliner
- Audi exclusive steering wheel in leather/Alcantara® with crimson red 12 o’clock marker with four satellite buttons – engine Start/Stop, Audi drive select, Performance Mode selector, and Sport exhaust.
- Audi exclusive R8 embroidered floor mats with Crimson red leather edging
- Black Audi rings and badges
- Carbon fiber exterior mirror housings
Additional standard features include:
- LED headlights and LED taillights with dynamic turn signals
- Carbon exterior package adds carbon fiber to the engine compartment and carbon sigma sideblades and carbon interior package adds carbon fiber high-gloss surrounds for both the virtual cockpit and the air vents, as well as the center console
- Audi virtual cockpit, Audi smartphone interface, Audi phone box (requires compatible smart device) with signal booster, and MMI navigation plus
- Bang & Olufsen® sound system featuring 13 speakers and 550 watts
- Illuminated door sill inlays
- Specially tuned chassis allows for rear-wheel drive application
The R8 Panther edition features a naturally aspirated 5.2-liter FSI V10 engine that produces 532 horsepower and 398 pound-feet of torque, and sprints from 0 to 60 mph in 3.6 seconds to achieve a top track speed of 201 mph.
The first available units in the R8 RWD model line, the chassis of the R8 Panther edition has been specifically adapted for rear-wheel drive, including using solid rear axles as opposed to hollow, a stiffer front anti-roll bar, and an increase in rear negative camber. The electromechanical power steering – free of torque steer – enables precise handling and driver feedback. For a heightened driving experience, the driver can choose “dynamic” mode in the standard Audi drive select and set the Stabilization Control ESC to “sport.”
The R8 Panther edition joins the 2019 RS 5 Panther edition, which was also limited to just 100 available units and featured the same Audi exclusive Panther Black crystal effect paint and red stitched interior with Alcantara® accents. The 2021 R8 Panther edition will be available in select dealerships this month with an MSRP of $183,300.
Price excludes $1,495 destination charge, $1,700 gas guzzler tax, sales taxes, title, options, and dealer charges. Dealer sets actual price.