Published on February 26th, 2021 | by Subhash Nair0
BMW Malaysia Launches All-New 4 Series
A new chassis, a new nose, and a new generation of 4 Series comes to Malaysia courtesy of BMW.
BMW Malaysia have launched the all-new 4 Series today. The variant that they’ve introduced to our market is the 430i Coupé M Sport. This follows the introduction of the much more performance-oriented and pricey M4 Competition Coupé launch in Malaysia.
Compared to the outgoing 4 Series Coupé, the new one is longer by 130mm, wider by 27mm, taller by 6mm and has a longer wheelbase (by 41mm).
Here are some details as to how it’s specified in Malaysia:
Malaysian 4 Series Exterior
- 19″ M light-alloy wheels in Double-spoke style 797 M Bicolour
- mixed size, run-flat tyres
- M Sport brakes with blue-painted brake callipers and ‘M’ designation
- exhaust tailpipes finished in high-gloss chrome
- M Aerodynamics Package
- BMW Laserlights with High-beam Assistant
- LED fog lights
- BMW Individual high-gloss Shadow Line
- M Sport suspension is present
- Variable Sport steering is also present
Interior & Equipment
- sport seats for driver and front passenger
- M leather steering wheel
- M-specific pedals
- Leather Vernasca upholstery
- BMW Individual headliner Anthracite
- interior trim finisher Aluminium Tetragon
- highlight trim finisher in Pearl Chrome
- M-specific stripes on all safety belts
- BMW Live Cockpit Professional with fully digital 12.3” instrument display
- BMW Navigation System Professional with 10.25” touch-sensitive display
- 16-speaker Harman Kardon Surround Sound System
- Extended functionality for Bluetooth and USB devices
- wireless charging
- Speed Limit Assist
- Cross-traffic Warning
- Rear Collision Prevention
- Approach Control Warning
- Driving Assistant Package
- Lane Departure Warning
- Lane Change Warning
- front collision warning with brake intervention
- Parking Assistant with rear-view camera and Reversing Assistant
Options for Customers
- Colour choices:
- Arctic Race Blue Metallic
- Portimao Blue
- Alpine White
- Black Sapphire
- Leather Vernasca upholstery with black stitching
- Tacora Red
Under the hood, this 430i is powered by a 2-litre BMW TwinTurbo 4-cylinder petrol motor. It comes with a twin-scroll turbocharger, Valvetronic, Double VANOS, and High-Precision Injection. Output is rated at 258hp and 400Nm of torque.
0-100km/h takes just 5.8 seconds, and top speed is limited to 250km/h. Power is sent to the rear wheels via an 8-speed Steptronic Sport Transmission.
Here’s the press release with more information.
BMW Group Malaysia today unveiled the All-New BMW 430i Coupé M Sport, a landmark in the BMW brand’s latest headway in the pursuit of bespoke design.
The kidney grille of the All-New BMW 430i Coupé M Sport is a homage to historic icons in BMW’s history such as the BMW 328, reinterpreting the standout feature and embodying it into a sporty, contemporary coupé form.
A strong statement in aesthetic design, the All-New BMW 430i Coupé M Sport nevertheless retains and refines upon the comfort and driving dynamics that customers and fans have come to expect of in a BMW vehicle.
Additionally, the All-New BMW 430i Coupé M Sport comes standard with Dynamic Stability Control (DSC), including Dynamic Traction Control (DTC), Cornering Brake Control (CBC), Dynamic Brake Control (DBC) and Antilock Braking System (ABS) with Brake Assist to provide a complete package in advanced driving dynamics.
Amplifying the sporty seating ambience, a high centre console delimits separate zones for the driver and front passenger. Seamless integration of the instrument cluster and Control Display helps form a large workspace, displaying essential information in an easily accessible manner. The instrument panel is complete in Sensatec.
Multi-function buttons for the steering wheel, additional storage compartment with the front armrest,
and electric seat adjustment with memory function for the driver provide functional touches that complete the driving experience.
To ensure unhindered clarity on the road at all times, the exterior mirrors on the driver’s side come equipped with automatic anti-dazzle function and include fold-in functionality. The interior rear-view mirror is also fitted with an automatic anti-dazzle function. Visibility in the rain is aided by a rain sensor, with automatic activation control for windscreen wipers and driving lights.
The controls in the All-New BMW 430i Coupé M Sport are arranged in clearly defined functional clusters, allowing for ample room to showcase lavish surfaces and exclusive materials. Visually enhancing the interior ambience are the welcome light carpet and ambient light with 11 predefined lighting designs, while floor mats in velour and automatic air conditioning with 3-zone control denote the luxury-focus of the All-New
BMW 430i Coupé M Sport.
Optimal connectivity in the form of the Connected Package Professional comes standard and includes Intelligent Emergency Call, Teleservices, and Intelligent Personal Assistant. Customisable widgets for the control display are featured in the latest BMW Operating System 7, with real-time display of desired information. Remote Software Upgrade ensures timely software updates, enabling drivers to access new vehicle functions that can be retrofitted seamlessly via an over-the-air upgrade.
The rear seats provide passengers with the sporty seating experience of a coupé, while still providing ample headspace. 40/20/40-split folding function for the rear backrests allow for a through-loading system, further expanding and providing access to the 440-litre luggage compartment.
Complete premium ownership experience
Owners of the All-New BMW 430i Coupé M Sport will receive the complete BMW Group Malaysia Premium Ownership experience which includes:
• BMW 5-Year Unlimited Mileage Warranty with Free Scheduled Service
• BMW Roadside Assistance and Accident Hotline
• The BMW Group Loyalty+ Mobile App – BMW Privileges Card
• BMW Service Online
Customers can also book the All-New BMW 430i Coupé M Sport on
https://shop.bmw.com.my/ at RM 1,000.