Published on July 29th, 2021 | by Daniel Sherman Fernandez0
NOT Doctor or VVIP, King Of Car Ambassador Owned Used Car For Sale
Has many owners and badly maintained sports sedan for sale.
- Owner is fourth class citizen but used to work for VVIP.
- Owner is not yet a Datuk because children not married and they have no kids yet.
- Owner wanted in the early years to be a Doctor, so not Doctor owned.
- Car has been in numerous small accidents.
- Male owner as the female in the family drives a better car.
- Parts very difficult to find.
- Air-conditioning is useless and mostly hot air blowing inside the cabin.
- Owner selling because too many problems with this old car.
- Asking price is much higher than market price because just trying luck.
- Car is parked in the sun, under a tree and on tall ‘lalang’ grass every day.
- Maintenance done only when got spare cash to pay mechanic.
- No service record as no filing cabinet to keep it.
- Cannot get any loan.
- Cash only.
If you were to check our online used car classifieds any given day you will see hundreds of used car advertisements posted by used car dealers that sound NOT exactly like the two paragraphs above, give or take one or two more creative statements.
Instead you will these statements below.
It shows that this is a simple cut and paste statement that almost all used car dealers use and because it has worked year in and year out they keep on using it and for some used car buyers who actually believe these statements they turn to social media or tribunal to lodge a complain about the miss-truths that were written in the used car advertisement.
It is a long drawn battle that almost always ends in the favour of the used car dealer and the unsuspecting car buyer is left with a ‘lemon car’ that they have to live with it or in turn quickly try and sell online to another un-suspecting car buyer.
Now, this is why in recent years we have seen a couple of online used car platforms promising trusted vehicle evaluation reports, no ‘football money’ and even a one-month warranty to ensure the buyers are protected.
Accident cars, badly maintained car, flood damaged cars and so on are still put on sale, but at lower prices for buyers on a tight budget or who are willing to take the cheaper model on offer.
These new ‘honest’ online used car platforms are mostly ‘start-ups’ with deep investor pockets ready to ‘do the right thing’ in the used car market and change the mind set of the ‘shifty’ used car dealer or put them out of business for good.
It is good news for the Malaysian used car consumer and given enough time, the whole nation will be free of ‘dodgy’ used car dealers.