Published on September 23rd, 2021 | by Subhash Nair0
New Suzuki GSX-S1000GT Sport Tourer Gets World Premiere
Suzuki Motor Corporation have launched a new sport tourer bike called the GSX-S1000GT. This new model is built around the existing GSX-S1000, but takes things a few steps further with more angular styling and equipment. It replaces the outgoing GSX-S1000F.
This new bike comes with newly adopted S.I.R.S electronic controls, Suzuki’s first 6.5″ full colour instrument cluster with smartphone connectivity.
It is powered by a 999cc four-stroke DOHC four-cylinder inline engine with 150hp produced at 11,000rpm and 106Nm of torque at 9,600rpm with a 19-litre fuel tank. These are mounted onto a lightweight rigid frame for easier day-to-day riding and better stability.
Suzuki engineers have also adopted floating handlebars, a more comfortable seat, a more aerodynamic windscreen, repositioned and redesigned grips, rubber-covered footrests, custom grab bars all in the effort of making the GSX-S1000GT a little less fatiguing during long-distance rides.
Here are some equipment details from the press release
<Equipment and Features of the New GSX-S1000GT>
Suzuki Intelligent Ride System (S.I.R.S.)
- The model features various fine-tuned electronic functions such as the Suzuki Drive Mode Selector (SDMS) with a selection among three different modes for various engine output characteristics, the updated Suzuki Traction Control System (STCS), now with a wider selection of 5-mode settings, and the Bi-directional Quick Shift System, which allows up or down shifting without clutch lever operation.
- The newly adopted Cruise Control system, which maintains a set speed without throttle operation, increases comfortability on highways, etc.
- The GSX-S1000GT is the first Suzuki motorcycle that adopts a 6.5-inch full-color TFT LCD screen instrument cluster. By switching settings for the Day (white) and Night (black) display modes, it maximizes visibility at any hour and in any riding situation.
- By connecting smartphones with the “SUZUKI mySPIN” app installed, the rider can access contents such as maps, play music*1, make phone calls*1, etc. The app is compatible with both iOS*2 and AndroidTM*3 smartphones.
Styling and Design
- The new GSX-S1000GT has sharp, flowing lines which conveys its agile sportiness and aerodynamic form. It also visualizes, through its refined design, the intelligence functions of the bike, such as its electronic controls and smartphone connectivity.
- To reduce vibration transmitted to the passenger, the grab bars, passenger steps, and the shapes and cushion thickness of the passenger seat have been carefully designed for passenger comfort.
- For better touring comfortability and convenience, taller wind screen for better wind protection, large-capacity side cases that can fit a full-face helmet*4, grip heaters, etc. are available.
- Cosmetic accessories, such as stylish seats, carbon covers, decals, etc., are also available for more personal customization.
- *1 For playing music or making phone calls, a wireless headset is required. Headsets sold separately.
- *2 iOS is the OS name of Apple Inc. IOS is a trademark or registered trademark of Cisco in the U.S. and other countries and is used under license.
- *3 Android is a trademark of Google LLC.
- *4 Some helmets will not fit according to size or shape.
<New GSX-S1000GT Specifications (European Spec)>
|Engine Type||Four-stroke, 4-cylinder, liquid-cooled DOHC|
|Fuel Tank Capacity||19.0L|