Published on December 1st, 2021 | by Subhash Nair0
GR Sport Corolla Cross Hybrid Officially Launched In Thailand
The Toyota Corolla Cross Hybrid GR Sport variant has been officially launched at the 2021 Thai International Motor Expo 2021.
The Toyota Corolla Cross is an extremely popular vehicle, especially in Thailand, selling nearly 28,000 units since launching there in July 2020. More importantly, 85% of the ones sold in Thailand are hybrid electric vehicles (HEVs), showing just how much trust there is in Toyota’s hybrid engine. Now Thailand has officially launched the GR Sport version of the Corolla Cross HEV.
The HEV GR Sport Corolla Cross comes decorated with a GR Package consisting of a unique
- Front bumper
- side locker
- rear under run
- rear combination lamp
- set of alloy wheels
- 18″ GR-style alloy wheels with 225/50 R18 tires
Inside, this version of the Hybrid crossover from Toyota also gets a few enhancements. This includes:
- piano black trim on instrument panel
- silver stitching on steering wheel and upholstery
- GR logo on headrest
- GR logo on push start button
There are also mechanical changes that enhance the spirit of GR Sport. These include:
- new suspension
- coil springs and shock absorbers fine tuned for better traction, balance and cornering ability
- lower strut bar exclusively for GR Sport variant
- sporty tuned electric power steering
- Dynamic Radar Cruise Control available at all speeds
- DRCC with lane tracing assist is available all the way down to 0km/h
Three colour choices are available for this model:
- Platinum White Pearl + Black Roof
- Red Mica Metallic + Black Roof
- Attitude Black Mica
The Corolla Cross Hybrid GR Sport is powered by the same 1.8L Hybrid 2ZR FXE engine as the non-GR Sport variant. The engine produces 98PS @ 5,200rpm and 142Nm of torque at 3,600rpm while the permanent magnet synchronous motor produces 88kW and 202Nm of torque. Fuel consumption is rated at 23.3km/L.
This is now the most expensive variant of the Corolla Cross that is on sale in Thailand. The basic petrol model comes in at 989,000 baht or around RM123,420. while this variant is sold at 1,249,000 baht or around RM155,870.
Mr. Noriaki Yamashita, President of Toyota Motor Thailand Company Limited said “Corolla Cross HEV GR Sport comes with its uniqueness as the “Most reliable and worry-free SUV and hybrid system with great utility”. It will help us reach the customers who are looking for a car beyond their expectations, with the better performance and unique sporty look.”