Published on March 10th, 2023 | by Subhash Nair0
ETCM Gives Nissan LEAF EV An Update For 2023
The Nissan LEAF was one of the first electric vehicles in Malaysia and now gets a much needed update.
Edaran Tan Chong Motor (ETCM) has rather quietly launched a new version of the Nissan LEAF electric vehicle (EV) for 2023. This is a major upgrade of the 2nd generation LEAF, which was introduced to Malaysia way before the tax break on EVs was announced.
The largest changes to the new LEAF include:
- A price drop to RM168,888
- a new exterior with new bumpers, grille, headlight inserts, wheels, spoiler, diffuser, and new Nissan badges
- a new interior with an 8″ Nissan Connect infotainment system with Android Auto and Apple Carplay, a new digital rear view mirror and Nissan’s new logo on the steering wheel
- A new Type 2 charging port to make it compatible with more DC Fast Chargers
- New exterior colour options including Stealth Grey, Vivid Blue, Midnight Black, Pure White Pearl, Burgundy, Opera Mauve and Akatsuki Sunrise Copper. All are matched to a Super Black roof for a two-tone appearance
The Nissan LEAF comes with a 3-year/100,000km vehicle warranty and a 8-year/160,000km battery warranty. Maintainance of the LEAF is estimated at just RM300 per year.
ETCM are also offering subscription options with no downpayment required at RM1,800 per month on a 3-year contract.
For a limited time, Nissan LEAF customers will receive a 12-month JomCharge membership worth RM600. JomCharge currently has a network of 107 AC Type 2 chargers and 30 DC CHAdeMO quick chargers. These customers will receive 600 charging credits with their membership and Ice Cool Tinting with RM2,200. Those who choose to subscribe to the LEAF will get a 50% discount on Ice Cool Tinting and an RM300 subsidy for a 12 month JomCharge membership.
What’s more, LEAF owners will be allowed to use a Nissan X-Trail, Serenaa or Navara for 23 days a year for the first 3 years of ownership should they require a vehicle with more flexibility.
The Nissan LEAF has a 435L boot that can be folded down to 1,176 litres. It features a front-mounted 150PS motor with 320Nm of torque enabling a 0-100km/h time of just 7.9 seconds. When fully-charged, the battery can return 311km or range. The LEAF can handle AC Charging up to 6.6kW and DC Fast Charging up to 50kW on CHAdeMO and Type 2 plugs. AC Charging takes 7 hours and DC Fast Charging takes about 1 hour.