Published on April 10th, 2023 | by Daniel Sherman Fernandez0
Chevrolet Blazer Is An Electric Vehicle That Might Come To Malaysia
Could this new electric Blazer reignite the Chevrolet brand in ASEAN
The Chevrolet brand has had a tough time surviving in all ASEAN nations for the simple reason that the brand does not respect the needs of ASEAN buyers.
Why? Well let us explain. For Malaysia, Chevrolet came and went with three business marriages and with all they just decided to ‘dump’ what ‘they decided’ was needed for Malaysian buyers.
Old technology and engines in new shiny bodies with the impressive Chevy logo on the front. Then when it came to recalls and after sales issues, they ‘washed’ their hands and left to to the local partners (DRB-HICOM and NAZA Quest) to solve the problems.
Meanwhile in Thailand, the Chevrolet brand was once upon a time high on the sales charts (American brand image) until a few years ago when they started slipping fast downwards due to similar mentioned issues above.
Interestingly, in thriving and fast growing Indonesia, they did the same and some time in 2015 they completely left Indonesia which is a market that Chevrolet and its parent, General Motors have been selling since 1938.
So, can the Chevrolet brand return to ASEAN and even Malaysia with dignity? We think so, but with a new attitude and respect for ASEAN car buyers.
Recently, Chevrolet revealed their all-electric 2024 Blazer Electric Vehicle (EV), expanding the brand’s growing EV portfolio, making EV ownership more accessible, and driving Chevy into the heart of the growing midsize electric crossover segment.
Blazer EV Highlights Include:
- Driving range options up to an available GM-estimated 320 miles on a full charge (depending on the trim)
- 11.5 kW level 2 (AC) charging and standard DC public fast-charging capability of up to 190 kW, depending on the model, which enables approximately 78 miles of range to be added in 10 minutes, per GM estimates
- Large, intuitive 17.7-inch-diagonal customizable infotainment touchscreen
- Full LED exterior lighting, with choreographed walk-up/walk-away animation on RS and SS models
- Beautiful, spacious and sustainably crafted cabin made with soft-touch materials
- Available Super Cruise hands-free driving technology for compatible roads
- Advanced safety features intended to inspire confidence, including Reverse Automatic Braking and Advanced Park Assist
Technology highlights include:
- Powered-opening charge port door: It features a powered opening when the door is pushed
- Navigation to charging stations and route planning: Through the MyChevy app, this feature helps locate and plot routes to charging stations
- Regen Braking: This feature can convert the kinetic energy of the vehicle’s forward momentum into electricity that’s stored in the battery pack to maximize the driving range. It also includes One-Pedal Driving, which can slow the vehicle to a full stop, using only the accelerator pedal
- Available presence-based liftgate: For convenience, the tailgate can open hands-free when the key fob is recognized by the sensors at the rear of the vehicle
- Available Super Cruise: The industry’s first true hands-free driver-assistance technology, allowing drivers to travel hands-free on compatible roads across the U.S. and Canada
- The Blazer EV also offers Chevrolet’s latest driver-assistance technologies, including Reverse Automatic Braking and Advanced Park Assist. They complement the standard Chevy Safety Assist suite of technologies, with Automatic Emergency Braking, Forward Collision Alert, Front Pedestrian Braking, Following Distance Indicator, Lane Keep Assist with Lane Departure Warning and IntelliBeam.