Published on June 16th, 2018 | by Daniel Sherman Fernandez1
Honda Hybrid owners conned by used car dealers
There has been a lot of queries sent to us about the dropping used values of Honda hybrid cars, especially the Honda Insight, Civic and CR-Z. These hybrid machines have now seen about 5-7 years of use and used car dealers are offering sellers very low prices by putting the fear of ‘high replacement battery costs’ in the minds. Some sellers bite the bullet and accept the low selling price and then the used car dealers will inflate the price and make a sizeable profit.
With this article we want to educate Honda hybrid owners and put their fears to rest. We have got confirmation from Honda Malaysia that the replacement battery prices are as follows:
- Honda Insight Hybrid – RM4,000 with installation and 8-year battery warranty
- Honda CR-Z Hybrid – RM5,500 with installation and 8-year battery warranty
- Honda Civic Hybrid – RM5,500 with installation and 8-year battery warranty
- Honda Jazz Hybrid – RM5,500 with installation and 8-year battery warranty
- Honda City Hybrid – RM5,500 with installation and 8-year battery warranty
We hope that with this information the Honda hybrid owner will understand the ‘real’ used values of their hybrids and not accept the low values that used car dealers offer just to make a quick turnaround profit.
Currently a 5-year old Honda Jazz hybrid sells for between RM41,000 to RM44,000 and a 5-year old Honda Insight hybrid sells for between RM27,000 to RM29,000. The sporty Honda CR-Z hybrid sells for between RM50,000 to RM52,000. Armed with this information and some casual online used car portal browsing you can now get a better price for your used hybrid.