Published on June 19th, 2018 | by Daniel Sherman Fernandez5
Tyre Shreds At Claimed 120km/h Speed On Highway
This is not something you see often. A Fiat Grande Punto owner using a set of Continental MC5 tyres had a near accident recently when his front LEFT hand side (pictured above is the right hand side tyre) MC5 tyre with 60% thread ripped to shreds while he was driving at a claimed 120km/h.
Below are the details of the incident.
1. Fiat Grande Punto 2013
2. 205 / 45 / 17 MC5 all round bought new
3. Year 2017 tyres with 60% thread left
4. SG Besi highway at 120km/h and suddenly the said tyre burst
5. Time of event about 7.00 am
The question we need answered and what all other drivers need to know is,
- was this a road debris issue
- road surface issue
- or a tyre defect….which can happen as a one in a million product issue