Published on July 6th, 2013 | by Daniel Sherman Fernandez0
Asian Auto Allianz Industry Awards recognizes 18 outstanding vehicles
The annual Asian Auto Industry Awards has become the barometer for Malaysia’s car industry since its introduction in 2008. Attended by representatives from 30 car brands that are active in the Malaysian market, the installation of the Asian Auto ALLIANZ Auto Industry Awards this year saw a marked difference that is in line with the changing dynamics of the automotive industry.
“More exhilarating choices are coming into our country from various car brands, and more brands are setting up businesses in Malaysia. The market is getting more competitive yet interesting. Many car brands have invested heavily in local assembly since 5 years ago, and thus, we are now able to see a positive change within the industry,” said Daniel Fernandez, Chief Editor of Asian Auto.
He continued, “With the latest engineering and system technologies, automotive companies are now able to introduce better quality vehicles with more safety and cabin features at a more affordable price. At the same time there are other car manufacturers who continue to sell vehicles using outdated technology with low safety features and these car brands sadly walk away without an award this year. We hope that this yearly award ceremony will ‘push’ and persuade car companies to introduce higher quality vehicles which in turn, is no doubt good news to all Malaysian motorists.”
Evaluation of vehicles for the Asian Auto ALLIANZ Auto Industry Awards was conducted over the past 12 months, as and when each vehicle was being test-driven. In essence, all the vehicles are constantly vying to take home an Award without even realizing it!
“We aim for the Asian Auto Industry Awards to be a truer reflection of the car market in Malaysia. The evaluation standards are also different, taking into account certain criteria such as quality aspects, assembly processes, customers’ level of acceptance and evaluation,” Fernandez explained.
The big winner of the night was Honda who took home wins for their all-new CR-V SUV which is a segment best seller just months after its launch, the CR-Z hybrid sports which has become a favorite with the younger generation of drivers and the ever popular Civic sedan. BMW also took 2 clean wins with the luxury performance Gran Coupe and the segment leading 3-Series sedan. Ford executives took home 2 awards for their global best seller, the Ford Focus and their all-new premium compact SUV, the Kuga EcoBoost. However the top winner of the night was Volkswagen who walked away with the overall ‘Car Of The Year’ award for their global best seller, the all-new Volkswagen Golf 1.4 TSI.
Continuing its support for the Asian Auto Industry Awards, Allianz General Insurance Company (Malaysia) Berhad is once again the title sponsor and VCA is the co-sponsor of the event. Allianz aims to distinguish itself as the most trusted provider of financial services to suit the lifetime needs of Malaysians.
The winners of the Asian Auto Allianz Industry Awards 2013 are:
1. Best Performance Luxury Executive Car – Jaguar XJ-L 2.0L Diesel
2. Best Performance Luxury Compact SUV – Ford Kuga 1.6 EcoBoost
3. Best Performance Luxury SUV – Range Rover Vogue SE V8 Supercharged
4. Best Performance Luxury Sports Car – Maserati GranTurismo Sport
5. Best Performance Luxury Car – BMW 640i Gran Coupe
6. Best Local Assembled Compact Car – Suzuki Swift 1.4GLX
7. Best Local Assembled SUV – Subaru XV
8. Best Local Assembled Executive Car – BMW 320i
9. Best Local Assembled Family Car – Honda Civic 1.8S
10. Best Value For Money Pickup Truck – Isuzu D-Max 2.5L Auto 4×4
11. Best Value For Money Family MPV – Chevrolet Orlando LTZ
12. Best Value For Money SUV – Honda CR-V 2.0 i-Vtec
13. Best Value For Money Luxury Car – Audi A6 Hybrid
14. Best Value For Money Sports Car – Honda CR-Z Sports Hybrid Manual
15. Best Value For Money Hot Hatch – Volkswagen Golf 1.4 TSI
16. Best Value For Money Executive Car – Mazda6 2.0
17. Best Value For Money Family Car – Ford Focus 2.0L Sport+
18. Best Value For Money Compact Car – Mitsubishi Mirage GL Auto
19. Car Of The Year – Volkswagen Golf 1.4 TSI
Please visit www.asianauto.com or www.allianz.com.my for more information on the Asian Auto ALLIANZ Auto Industry Awards 2013.