Published on December 25th, 2013 | by Daniel Sherman Fernandez0
Yamaha Shows A New VMAX For 2014
The 2014 VMAX truly is in a class by itself. Yamaha VMAX is the ultimate fusion of brawn and brains. The unique features of this iconic beast are richly blended with advanced sportbike technology and forward-thinking style. It all ads up to a machine with immense performance and visual power. The awesome acceleration and muscular beauty combines with sporty handling and Yamaha’s latest electronic engine management technologies to offer an incredibly exhilarating riding experience.
2014 Yamaha VMAX Key Features
1. The ultimate power cruiser delivers unmatched performance from its 65-degree, four-valvesper- cylinder, 1679cc V4—plenty of eye-opening, controllable acceleration from a compact engine that looks as powerful as it is.
2. Downdraft four-bore fuel injection with YCC-I® intake technology and YCC-T® fly-by-wire throttle provide awesome acceleration throughout the broad powerband.
3. Lightweight aluminum chassis puts the engine low and forward for mass centralization, resulting in a machine designed to handle curves as well as straightaways.
4. Borrowing liberally from advanced sportbike technology, VMAX features a slipper clutch, wave-style brake discs, ABS, and complete suspension adjustability front and rear.
5. Functionality and forward-thinking style uniquely combine with features like oxidized-titanium-coated 52mm front fork tubes, magnesium engine side covers, fluorinated polyethylene fuel tank and the organic electroluminescence multifunction display.
Liquid-cooled, 1,679cc, DOHC, 16-valve, 65°, V-4 engine has no equal in its class. The compact engine design has allowed the engineers to place the engine in the “sweet spot” of the frame to optimize handling.
DOHC 4-valve “pent roof” cylinder head design provides optimum breathing efficiency for incredible engine performance. Valve actuation is via under bucket shims. Compression ratio is 11.3:1