Published on August 28th, 2014 | by Daniel Sherman Fernandez0
INFINITI Q50 Sports Sedan In Malaysia
Infiniti Malaysia launched the all new Q50 sports sedan at the newly relocated INFINITI Center Kuala Lumpur situated at The Icon, Jalan Tun Razak. While Infiniti vehicles have always been noted for their outstanding proportions and presence, the new Infiniti Q50 adds a new dimension, reflecting the direct influence of Infiniti’s exciting design language.The signature Infiniti exterior design features include the powerful ‘double arch’ grille, the dynamic wave shoulder-line and crescent-cut C-pillar. The front end is decidedly aggressive, with a sporty front fascia offered on the Q50 sports model.The Q50 is powered by a responsive and highly efficient 2.0-liter direct-injection four-cylinder turbo engine delivering 211hp of power and 350Nm of torque to sprint from 0 – 100km/h in 7.2 seconds, while sipping just 1 liter of petrol per 13.6 km.
A 3.5-liter V6 engine with Infiniti’s Direct Response Hybrid technology is available in the petrol-powered Q50S Hybrid, which produces an impressive 364hp of power and 546Nm of torque by combining the performance of a 3.5-litre V6 petrol engine and the efficiency of a compact 67hp power electric motor partnered to a lithium-ion battery. The combined system responds with thrilling immediacy hitting 0-100km/h in 5.1 seconds, while it achieves a surprisingly frugal fuel economy of 16.1km/L.
Infiniti’s Director of Performance, Sebastian Vettel – four-time Formula One World Champion – aided in the development of the new Infiniti Q50, harnessing his supreme driving senses and passion for performance to ensure this new sports sedan is as dynamic as possible. Representative of Infiniti’s high-tech priorities with the Q50, the world’s first steer-by-wire system developed after more than 10years of research – Direct Adaptive Steering (DAS), is also included, allowing unprecedented driving comfort, safety and steering precision. Another world’s 1st, Active Lane Control (ALC) which uses a camera-based technology to further enhance lane-keeping capability and safety.
Matching the inspired Infiniti Q50 design and performance is an interior created to the same extraordinary standards. The interior environment offers a powerful blend of three-dimensional textures, highest craftsmanship and premium quality, combining modern luxury and user-focused advanced technology.
The intuitive double touch-screen Infiniti InTouch system controls the audio, climate control, communication and vehicle settings. A new Bose® 14-speaker Studio on Wheels® premium audio system, plus other onboard extras like the Infiniti Drive Mode Selector which allows customization of engine and transmission mapping as well as steering effort and response and Around View Monitor (four camera technology) all ensure the Infiniti Q50 can meet or exceed the needs of discerning Malaysian premium customers.
The Infiniti Q50 model range comprises of three distinct grades: the Q50 2.0T GT, Q50 2.0T GT Premium and Q50S 3.5Hybrid.
The Q50 2.0T GT-Specification comes generously equipped with:
- 17-inch twin five-spoke aluminum-alloy wheels with performance run-flat tires
- LED headlights with integrated Daytime Running Lights
- Rear View Monitor with front and rear sonar system
- Leather-appointed seating with power front seats and memory function
- Intelligent Key (I-Key) with touch unlock access and enhanced memory
The Q50 2.0T GT Premium adds:
- 18-inch split seven-spoke aluminum-alloy wheels with performance run-flat tires
- Direct-Adaptive Steering (DAS) with Active Lane Control.
- Studio on Wheels® by Bose® 14-speaker premium audio system with BOSE AudioPilot 2.0® and CenterPoint 2.0®.
- Predictive Forward Collision Warning (PFCW) and Forward Emergency Braking
- Lane Departure Prevention (LDP) and Blind Spot Intervention (BSI)
- Around View Monitor (AVM) with Moving Object Detection
The Q50S 3.5 Hybrid adds:
- 19-inch triple five-spoke aluminum-alloy wheels with performance run-flat tires
- Sport-tuned suspension and braking system
- Solid magnesium steering wheel shift paddles
- Front sport bumper
- Power sport seat
- Aluminum accented pedals and foot rest
- Power sliding tinted glass moonroof
Finishing the look of the Q50 are seven exterior colours to choose from – Moonlight White, Liquid Platinum, Hagane Blue, Graphite Shadow, Chestnut Bronze, Venetian Ruby and Malbec Black. All come with Scratch Shield self-healing paint. The Infiniti is Fully imported from Japan. OTR retail price without insurance:
- Q50 2.0T GT ：RM248,800
- Q50 2.0T GT Premium ：RM278,800
- Q50S 3.5 Hybrid ：RM398,800