Published on October 1st, 2014 | by Daniel Sherman Fernandez0
Range Rover 2015 Model Delivers Executive Class Luxury
Superior ride quality with more supple air suspension
The new Range Rover’s state-of-the-art chassis, with its all-new lightweight suspension system and advanced chassis technologies, has been meticulously tuned to offer serene, confident progress in all conditions. With its class-leading wheel travel and upgraded four-corner air suspension, the vehicle combines supreme poise and stability with exceptional ride isolation on all surfaces.
To further enhance the characteristic Range Rover imperious ride quality, new front air springs have been introduced which use a thinner, more supple material, and are able to absorb small road irregularities much more effectively. Standard Adaptive Dynamics with continuously variable damping enables the vehicle to deliver a supple and absorbent ride, along with supreme composure and body control for maximum occupant comfort.
More spacious rear compartment delivers Executive Class luxury
Providing enhanced rear seat luxury was a major priority for the new Range Rover, and the new model raises the experience for rear seat passengers to a new level, with more space, more comfort, and the exclusive Executive Class seating option. Optimising the vehicle package around a 42mm longer wheelbase has enabled rear seat accommodation to be vastly improved, without any compromise for the front row occupants. Legroom has been increased by 118mm, giving well over 1 metre of stretching room, while knee room now matches best in class.
A slightly lower rear seating position, along with a larger door aperture, has also significantly improved the ease of ingress and egress. Enhancements to the air suspension system give further benefits, with the ‘Access’ ride height being dropped by 10mm to -50mm to give easier entry/exit from the vehicle, and significantly improved air system performance enabling much quicker height changes. Rear seat comfort has also been enhanced by the availability of rear seats with either manual or power recline, together with a vastly improved 2nd row climate control system with up to 8 vents providing air flow to occupants.
For the ultimate in rear seat luxury, the new Executive Class seating option provides supreme comfort and convenience, with two individual rear seats including memory functionality and massage, and the full extended centre console finished in the finest veneer.
The individual seats offer an enhanced range of movement for additional comfort, including a full nine degrees of recline (two more than the standard seats) achieved by sliding the seat cushion forward, separate adjustment for the upper backrest, and cushion tilt adjustment for optimum under thigh support. The lavish ambience is also enhanced by the luxurious central armrest with coolbox option, four-zone climate control with individual temperature controls, and the sophisticated mood lighting along the console. For business users, the Executive Class option also offers significantly enhanced functionality, with full connectivity integrated in the centre console and additional stowage space.
Premium features and exclusive audio for the ultimate luxury experience
Building on the tradition of its predecessors, the new Range Rover has been developed to offer the ultimate in luxury for its occupants, combining the latest premium features and technologies with immaculate craftsmanship and materials, all delivered with the unique Land Rover Range Rover ambience. The luxury experience has been raised to a higher level with a generous selection of new features to enhance comfort and convenience, including exclusive new audio technology, a completely new climate control system offering class-leading performance, and a spectacular new sliding panoramic roof. Promising total listening pleasure in all seating positions, the new Range Rover features exclusive new state-of-the-art audio systems developed with Meridian, a world leader in audio technologies and digital sound processing.
Three levels of branded Meridian system are available, ranging up to the stunning 1700W Signature Reference system which has 29 speakers including a subwoofer. This exceptional system has been specially developed to offer the ultimate 3D surround sound experience, with additional speakers mounted at roof level and industry-leading sound processing technology.
The three systems feature state-of-the-art amplifiers which incorporate Meridian’s latest digital processing technology to ensure perfectly optimised sound quality, along with Meridian high-efficiency speakers for exceptional clarity and dynamics. Range Rover and Meridian audio specialists have also applied the sophisticated Audyssey MultEQ XT audio tuning system, which digitally corrects any imperfections created by the cabin environment to deliver accurate, enveloping, and distortion-free sound for all seating positions.
Travelling in the perfect climate
To ensure that the interior is maintained at the perfect temperature, whatever the weather outside, the new Range Rover features a completely new climate control system which is based on class-leading technology. The result of an incredibly rigorous development programme using Computational Fluid Dynamics simulation tools, the new system has been tested in punishing real-world conditions in temperatures ranging from +50 to -30 deg C. Two versions are available, with a 3-zone system, featuring separate temperature controls for driver, front passenger, and rear seats, or the premium 4-zone system, which has an additional climate control unit in the rear compartment, and separate controls for driver, front passenger, and each side of the rear cabin.
A sophisticated control system ensures that the climate control responds quickly and accurately, with discharge air temperature sensors on all outlets, and dual solar sensors in both front and rear compartments. With its independent heating and cooling capability in the rear compartment, the 4-zone system offers a significant improvement in rear seat luxury, with multiple outlets at face, foot and hip level.
For an even more luxurious travelling experience, the new Range Rover offers a full-size sliding panoramic glass roof to create a truly special sensation of space and light for all occupants. The largest ever fitted to a Range Rover, the new roof has been cleverly engineered to maximise its length and width – with no unsightly supporting structure – to deliver a superb uninterrupted vista and enhanced headroom.
To maintain a comfortable interior temperature and to provide a sense of privacy, the toughened glass has a dark tint, and is treated to offer a high degree of solar protection. When additional shade or privacy is required, an electric fabric sun blind with a solar reflective coating can be extended across the full surface of the glass.
Added comfort and convenience in every detail
Each aspect of the new Range Rover has been meticulously refined and optimised with uncompromised luxury in mind, with added comfort and convenience in every detail. Among the new and enhanced features included in the new model are:
- Enhanced seating High series models now offer 20-way adjustable front seats with new features including 5-mode massage, cushion extension and winged headrests; rear seats now include standard power recline on high series, with power lumbar, climate control and winged headrests; the exclusive Executive Class seating pack can be specified as an option
- Premium infotainment Digital and Satellite TV or DVD playback via 8-inch Dual View front touch screen; full Rear Seat Entertainment (RSE) package, featuring twin 8-inch video screens and a dedicated remote control; Dual View and RSE systems are supplied with ‘White Fire’ infra-red wireless digital headphones, giving CD quality sound
- Customer Configurable Mood Lighting Sophisticated LED ambient lighting with variable colours which can be adjusted by the customer to suit their taste and mood
- Powered split tailgate The characteristic Range Rover split tailgate is now fully power operated. Both upper and lower gates offer flexible operation using the remote control key fob, buttons on the tailgate, or from the driver’s seat
- Keyless entry and start system The new model is the first full-size Range Rover to offer the Smart Key system, which enables keyless entry and start
- Soft door close For additional convenience, the new model is offered with power latching on all doors
- Power operated child locks Power operated child locks on the rear doors are fitted as standard
- Cooler compartment A generous cooler compartment in the front centre console armrest is available as an option. A compartment can also be specified in the rear with the Executive Class seating pack
- Timed climate control The climate control system includes a Park Heater facility that allows the car to be pre-heated or cooled. The timer can be set using a recurring 7-day calendar, or as a single event up to 16 days ahead
- Heated front screen/seats/wheel For cold climates, the new model offers a heated front screen, plus individually adjustable heated front seats and steering wheel
- Flexible load area A luggage management system with floor mounted loadspace rails gives a flexible solution to secure baggage
Effortless Driving Experience
From the driver’s seat, a Range Rover is confident and supremely composed, delivering effortless performance with a sense of power in reserve.
The new Range Rover has been engineered to provide exactly the same effortless driving experience, but its lightweight construction and all-new suspension architecture have enabled a significant leap in capability, offering the driver even greater reserves of performance, and handling which is more confident and agile.
Easy and intuitive controls are another key element of the Range Rover DNA, and the new model makes use of innovative technology which ensures that drivers benefit from seamless connectivity of their mobile devices from the moment they step into the vehicle.