Published on January 15th, 2016 | by Subhash Nair0
Continental and Shell Malaysia Team Up to Promote Road Safety
Continental Tyre Malaysia (CTM) launched its Chinese New Year Road Safety Campaign 2016 in partnership with Shell Malaysia Trading. Scheduled from 9th – 31st January 2016, the road safety campaign is aimed at educating the general motorist to cultivate tyre safety habits and prioritise vehicle maintenance to ensure a safe trip heading back to their hometowns this festive season.
Officiating the launch of this event at Shell Station Bandar Utama was Mr. Cameron Wilson, Managing Director of CTM, Managing Director of CTM, Mr. Yee Kang Lim, Territory Manager Retail Manager, Shell Malaysia Trading Sdn Bhd and YBhg Tuan Abdul Ghafar b Yusof, Director General of the Road Safety Department.
During the launch, the importance of performing tyre maintenance regularly and ensuring vehicles are in good condition were emphasized. These steps significantly help to reduce the risk of accidents and ensure general motorists’ safety.
To create awareness, CTM will conduct tyre safety and car engine oil checks at 15 Shell petrol stations nationwide, starting with those located in the Klang Valley region on the 9th and 10th of January.
By simply participating, drivers will receive a booklet from CTM featuring tyre maintenance tips, Continental premiums and an RM30 voucher for Continental tyre purchases. Shell Malaysia will also be giving out a promotion voucher which entitles holders to free petrol with the purchase of any Shell Helix or Shell Advance motor oil product. In addition, 100 new SIRIM approved helmets will be given out to replace those that are uncertified – courtesy of the Road Safety Department.
Here’s a list of participating Shell petrol stations:
- Shell Taman Maju Jaya Cheras (9-10 Jan)
- Shell Jalan Bukit Belachan 2 (9-10 Jan)
- Shell Bandar Utama (16-17 Jan)
- Shell Shah Alam Seksyen 17 (16-17 Jan)
- Shell Taman Daya JB (15-16 Jan)
- Shell Jalan Pegawai AS (15-16 Jan)
- Shell Jalan Hiliran KT (15-16 Jan)
- Shell Jalan Jelutong (23-24 Jan)
- Shell Jalan Kuala Kangsar Ipoh (23-24 Jan)
- Shell Jalan Kuhara Tawau (23-24 Jan)
- Shell Jalan Bulatan Miri (23-24 Jan)
- Shell Bandar Ayer Keroh (30-31 Jan)
- Shell Jalan Gambut Kuantan (30-31 Jan)
- Shell Telipok (30-31 Jan)
- Shell Jalan Tun Jugah Kuching 1 (30-31 Jan)