Published on August 6th, 2016 | by Daniel Sherman Fernandez0
Lotus To Release NEW Elise Only In 2020
There is no need to wait for the new Lotus Elise to arrive then buy. Buy the current one now as the 2020 date set for the next Elise is still not final and the current Elise has a lot to offer.
The new Elise Cup 250 benefits from the continuous improvement design philosophy of Lotus and its perpetual quest to evolve all constituent parts, lightening and optimising them. Every aspect of the car has been carefully considered: from the recalibrated ignition system, right down to the wider 195/50 R16 front tyres to give sharper, more-responsive steering.
Powered by a new higher-output version of the supercharged, 1.8-litre 4-cylinder engine, the Elise Cup 250 boasts 243 hp (246 PS) at 7200 rpm and 250 Nm of torque between 3500 rpm and 5500 rpm.
Lotus Dynamic Performance Management (DPM) provides a ‘Sport’ mode, increasing throttle response, lowering traction slip thresholds and removing understeer recognition, allowing enhanced control before the system intervenes.
The aerodynamically optimised body kit provides 66kg of downforce at 100mph and an impressive 155 kg at maximum velocity of 154 mph. Shaping and working airflow over and around the bodywork has been key to delivering the car’s extremely focused handling. An optional Carbon Aero pack replaces the standard front splitter, rear wing, rear diffuser and side floorextensions with lightweight carbon components and reduces mass by a further 10 kg.
The Elise Cup 250 carries over the motorsport-derived suspension and braking components from the Elise Cup 220, including an adjustable front anti-roll bar, Bilstein sports dampers and Eibach coaxial coil springs and double wishbone suspension. AP Racing twin-piston front calipers, and Brembo single-piston rear calipers work in conjunction with the track-tuned ABS system with ultralightweight forged alloy wheels (16 inch, front and 17 inch rear) are fitted with Yokohama AO48 tyres (195/50/16 on the front and 225/45/17 on the rear) New larger switches with improved haptics have been introduced for the Lotus Dynamic Performance Management System (with Sport setting), headlights and rear fog lights, mounted together with the vehicle’s new engine start button.
As standard, the Elise Cup 250 comes with a full Alcantara® interior in red or black, with an optional Leather Pack available. An integrated in-car entertainment system can also be specified, including iPod® connectivity and Bluetooth® functionality along with full carpets and enhanced sound insulation.
A total of ten paint choices are available for the Cup 250: two are no-cost options, seven are metallic and one is the Signature Grey option. The new Elise Cup 250 can also be personalised through the recently launched Lotus Exclusive programme. Combining traditional British craftsmanship with modern design, the service inspires customers to spend time tailoring the character of their Lotus with a comprehensive array of options.
The Lotus Elise Cup 250 goes on sale in all major markets, excluding North America, from April 2016.
Lotus Elise Cup 250 Performance
- Max power 243 hp at 7200 rpm (246 PS) (181 kW)
- Max torque 250 Nm between 3500 rpm and 5500 rpm (184 lbft)
- 0-60 mph 3.9 seconds
- 0-100 km/h 4.3 seconds
- Max speed 154 mph (248 km/h)
- Unladen weight 931 kg
- Unladen weight with Carbon Aero Pack: 921 kg
Engine and Transmission
- All alloy, 1.8 litre DOHC 4-cylinder, dual VVT-i, 16-valve with chargecooled Magnuson R900 supercharger utilising Eaton TVSTM technology
- Mid mounted, transverse, rear wheel drive
- Multi-point sequential fuel injection and direct ignition system
- Lotus Electronic Throttle Control system
- 6 speed manual gearbox with sports ratios
- BOSCH Electronic Differential Lock (EDL)
Chassis and Body
- Lightweight, extruded aluminium bonded chassis structure
- Fully independent double wishbone suspension with adjustable front anti-roll bar
- Aerodynamically optimised front splitter, rear diffuser and wing
- Bilstein high performance gas dampers, front and rear
- Eibach coaxial coil springs, front and rear
- AP-Racing two-piston calipers at the front and Brembo rear calipers
- Lotus / BOSCH tuned ABS system
- Lotus Dynamic Performance Management (Lotus DPM)
- Lightweight Lithium-ion battery
- Halogen front main & dip lights with integrated direction indicators
- LED rear lamps with integrated direction indicators
- Ultra-light forged alloy wheels (16” front and 17” rear)
- Yokohama AO48 tyres 195/50 R16 (front) 225/45 R17 (rear)
- Matt black front splitter, rear wing, front access panel, wing mirrors, rear transom and rear diffuser
- Driver and passenger airbags
- Black leather steering wheel
- Polished aluminium gear knob
- Black Alcantara® carbon fibre sports seats with contrast stitching
- Face-level air vents
- Leatherette trimmed sills
- OPTIONAL PACKS
- Carbon Aero Pack (including front splitter, rear wing, rear diffuser and side floor-extensions)
- Leather Pack – Red, Black or Tan seats, door panels and centre consol
- Matt black hard top
- Air conditioning
- Cruise control
- Clarion CD/MP3/WMA receiver with integrated iPod® connectivity with Bluetooth® plus full carpet and sound insulation
- Floor mats
- Auxiliary driving lights
- Y forged alloy wheels (16” front and 17” rear) with Front and Rear Yokohama Advan Neova AD07 LTS2 tyres 175/55 ZR16 and 225/45 ZR17
- Quick release steering wheel and airbag deletion
- Harness cross bar and 4 point harness
- Fire extinguisher and battery isolator
- Sports air filter
- Towing eyes
- Standard paint
- Metallic paint