Published on October 2nd, 2017 | by Subhash Nair0
We Bought Tyres Online and It Went Great
Yes, you actually can get your tyres online. A couple of weeks ago, we tried this out and were very satisfied. Here’s what we discovered.
1) A set of Continental CC6 tyres in our size (175/70 R13) went for about RM20 cheaper than what most physical tyre shops offered on promo at the time.
2) 0% interest financing could be arranged over 6 months for Maybank Credit Card customers. So if you have 19” rims and insist on some really expensive tyres, you don’t have to fork out a chunk of your savings in one go.
3) We made the purchase around midnight. The following day, around 11, we received a call to confirm our slot. It may have been sheer luck, but the outlet we chose was free and well stocked, so we were able to book an appointment with just 2 hours lead time.
4) The tyres were changed in a timely manner, balancing and alignment was thrown in for free.
5) There’s a customer waiting area with couches and chairs, restaurants surrounding the area were decent.
6) The valve stem caps were not fastened after the tyre change, but when we went back the following day the staff member recognised the car and had been saving them, so no issue there.
The entire thing was done by DTOX, a company that specialises in really quick oil changes. Kudos to them for offering a great service at a great price and for jumping on the online sales platform in a really well organised way. It’s great to see their social media game is on point as well.