Published on July 30th, 2018 | by Subhash Nair0
Meet the New BMW M2 Competition
BMW M are replacing the M2 Coupé with the new M2 Competition, setting fresh benchmarks in the compact high-performance sports car segment.
The M2 Competition comes with a new six-cylinder in-line engine with M TwinPower Turbo technology. It is based on the power unit from the BMW M3/M4. With a displacement of three-litres, this powerplant puts out 410 HP and produces peak torque of 550 Nm. You can have it with either a 6-speed manual or a M Double Clutch Transmission (M DCT).
It goes from 0-100km/h in just 4.2 seconds with the M DCT, but the more engaging manual gearbox gets there at 4.4 seconds. Both have an electronically limited speed of 250km/h, but you can pay a little extra for the ‘M Driver’s Package’ and they’ll limit it to 280km/h instead.
Here’s what else is new:
- High-precision CFRP strut and bulkhead strut for increased front section rigidity.
- New cooling system, including new front skirt and larger, redesigned BMW kidney in high-gloss black.
- New dual exhaust system with two electrically-controlled flaps
- New, optional M Sport brakes with brake calipers painted grey.
- New optional M Sport bucket seat with integrated headrests and illuminated M2 badge at shoulder height.
- Selector switches for immediate access to various engine and steering characteristics, as well as DCT settings via Drivelogic.
- Exclusive new metallic Hockenheim Silver paint.