Published on October 30th, 2018 | by Daniel Sherman Fernandez0
Volvo XC 40 Is a trail-blazing model
The XC40 delivers a fun loving drive with a premium interior that comes with plenty of ‘firsts’ for the Volvo brand.
Like all other Volvos in the range, this XC40’s standard safety features include Volvo’s fourth-generation City Safety crash-prevention technology, which can prevent crashes at speeds up to 60km/h; features that stop the car from running off the road and help the SUV avoid a head-on collision; as well as lane-departure warning and lane-keeping assist.
Volvo’s latest in car equipment includes its semi-autonomous Pilot Assist system, which can steer, accelerate and brake the vehicle in certain settings; a 360-degree camera to help drivers maneuver in and out of tight parking spaces; as well as a system the guides the vehicle into a parking spot.
Some of the “firsts” for the new Volvo XC40
- First Volvo with integrated inductive charging for mobile phones
- First Volvo with upgraded City Safety that prevents crashes at speeds up to 60 kph (up from 50 kph in 90- and 60 series models)
- First modern Volvo with no speakers in the front doors, leaving room for more storage
- First premium compact SUV in Volvo’s 90 years of production
- First model to use compact module architecture (CMA) co-developed with Geely