Published on June 7th, 2019 | by Daniel Sherman Fernandez0
8 reasons why we love car dashboards like this one
This is the dashboard of the code name W198 Mercedes Benz 300SL which was and still is on the want list of many die hard car lovers, including us. Even today the 300 SL is considered the ultimate dream car. In December 1999 it was voted Sports Car of the Century by a jury of trade journalists.
So, why do we love classic looking dashboards like this one in the Mercedes gull-wing? Let us break it down for you with 8 reasons.
- It is simple straightforward and classic in its appearance.
- It does not distract you by ‘talking’ to you.
- It has clear instruments that is easy on the eye.
- It will almost never fail…or ‘hang’ which means you do not need to ‘reboot’ it.
- I have waze navigation on my smart phone already, do not need it on my dashboard.
- I have my favorite music in my smart phone already and it has great sounding cordless earphones.
- It will not start melting when my fingers touch the knobs and switches.
- Last but not least, it never fails to impress us with its true build quality of real leather and wood rim that is missing in many new luxury cars today.