Published on August 1st, 2019 | by Subhash Nair0
Tune Protect PAYD Insurance for Low Mileage Users
Tune Protect Malaysia has launched a new opt-in feature for those who buy motor insurance from them. Their Pay-As-You-Drive (PAYD) is designed to reward those who drive fewer than 8,000km annually.
In fact, they’ve got two rebate tiers:
- Annual usage < 6,000km a year = 20% refund on premium
- Annual usage between 6,001km-8,000km = 15% refund on premium
What’s even more impressive is that PAYD is completely free and doesn’t add to your premium, nor have any effect on your NCD. It’s simply a value-added feature of Tune’s Motor insurance. However, it only applies if you meet the following four criteria:
- Age of insured: between 28 and 60 years old
- Age of vehicle: between 0-3 years old
- Sum insured: between RM40,000 and RM300,000
- Car Type: private car for private use
Also note that to qualify for a rebate, you need to periodically send Tune Protect your car’s mileage:
- Upon inception of insurance policy
- 180 days after inception of insurance policy
- Upon expiry of insurance policy
The mileage must be sent within 14 days of the above dates. Tune Protect will send you SMS and email reminders and it’s as easy as clicking a link, and sending them a photo using your smartphone.
If you’ve submitted the photos successfully and your mileage qualifies you for a rebate at the end of the policy, Tune Protect will get your bank account details and transfer it to you.
You can apply for PAYD when you purchase motor insurance from Tune Protect on their website, through your agent (call 1800-88-5753) at one of their 20 branches.
Who is it for?
Anyone who meets the criteria may apply, but the target audience for this feature is those who take advantage of Park-n-Ride, those who carpool often and those who own more than one car.