Published on September 4th, 2020 | by Daniel Sherman Fernandez0
Kia Seltos Malaysian Brochure Leaked
The Kia Seltos Malaysian brochure has just been leaked and here are the details that many of you have been waiting for to decide if this Crossover is well suited for your needs.
The Seltos launch in Malaysia comes late due to Covid-19 and the slow down of the Malaysian economy.
In January this year at the Singapore Motor Show, we caught our first look at the Seltos and was impressed with it from all angles. It looks very much like a scaled down Sorento.
The Kia Seltos is being manufactured in India and Korea. This B-segment crossover brings Kia’s latest design language and equipment. Targeted to compete against the popular Honda HR-V and Mazda CX-3, this Kia Seltos prices are yet to be confirmed.
For Malaysian buyers only one engine option will be available which is the reliable and easy to run 1.6-litre Gamma naturally-aspirated MPI 4-cylinder petrol engine that produces a decent 123 PS @ 6300rpm and 151 Nm of torque @4850rpm. This engine will work with a reliable six-speed automatic gearbox.
Naza Kia will offer customers 17-inch allow wheels fitted with 215 wide tyres with 60-series profile for both variants.
This Kia Seltos has had runway success in India where just after its launch in August 2019, there were more than 50,000 bookings. By April this year, Kia India had recorded more than 80,000 bookings. For Malaysian buyers the Kia Seltos will be coming from their Indian manufacturing plant in Anantapur. This same model is also sold in South Africa, Indonesia, Singapore, Latin America, Middle East and other South Asian markets.
PRESS RELEASE: This Kia Seltos is a marriage of bold design and delicate details, and stands apart from rivals with its strong, upright stance. The tall front end and 7.2-inch ground clearance translate to a tough attitude and an adventurous spirit. Its assertive presence is spearheaded by Kia’s signature tiger nose grille that includes unexpected diamond-like detail. Chiseled surfaces and well-drawn lines lead back to a distinctive profile highlighted by a chrome beltline that melds into the D-pillar for a streamlined appearance.
Key design cues include:
- Long wheelbase and hood for a robust and substantial look
- Harmonized grille and headlamp design featuring full LED “Beat” lighting for a modern appearance (SX)
- Aggressive lower front bumper design provides sharper approach angle for adventurous driving
- Front and rear skid plates and black wheel arch cladding reference off-road abilities
- Sleek and tapering greenhouse conveys athleticism
- Eye-catching red wheel center caps hint at performance
- Tailgate garnish connects rear lamps to create a sense of width and stability
- Sculpted dual exhaust outlets highlight power and are connected by chrome trim to emphasize premium status
The Seltos’ interior design continues the theme of upscale adventure:
- A cabin crafted with meticulous attention to detail helps Seltos punch above its weight class
- Wide instrument panel has a high-tech feel with an asymmetrical design that skews toward the driver
- Spacious and versatile cabin with generous hip, shoulder, leg and head room in both rows, offering more interior volume than most rivals
- An abundance of cargo space that can be expanded by lowering the adjustable luggage board