Published on October 30th, 2020 | by Subhash Nair0
Hyundai Sonata Launched In Malaysia – First 50 For RM190K
At a virtual launch event on the company’s Facebook page today, Hyundai-Sime Darby Motor launched the new Kona along with the new Sonata. They also unveiled a new tagline for the brand – ‘Geared for Distinction’.
We had a short preview of the new Sonata earlier in the month.
The Hyundai Sonata G2.5 Smartstream is priced at RM206,888, but the first 50 units will be available for a special price of RM189,888.
The Hyundai Sonata will only be available in one specification – the Sonata G2.5 Smartstream and it’s fully-imported from South Korea. Under the hood, this D-segment sedan comes powered by a 2.5-litre, naturally-aspirated petrol engine with 16 valves, DOHC, with port injection and the world’s first CVVD (Continuously Variable Valve Duration) system. This engine is part of Hyundai’s new Smartstream family of motors.
The Smartstream G2.5 engine produces 180PS and 232Nm of torque, giving the Sonata a 0-100km/h time of just 9 seconds. This new Smartstream engine family replaces the ‘Theta’ engine seen on previous large-displacement Hyundai engines. It’s paired to a 6-speed conventional automatic transmission. This transmission is controlled by a shift-by-wire system that is operated with button pushes. Forward gears can be selected via paddle shifters.
The new Sonata also debuts a new 3rd generation platform, which uses advanced high-strength steel along the floor and has multi-load paths. As a result, the Sonata delivers class-leading safety in collisions.
There are 6 exterior colour choices with 2 dual tone and 1 all black interior. They’re configured as follows:
Camel on black interior
- Midnight Black
- White Cream
- Nocturne Grey
Greige (light grey) on black interior
- Shimmering Silver
Full black interior
- Flame Red
- Oxford Blue
Equipment and features on the Sonata include:
- Full LED Multi-Face Reflector headlamps
- LED DRLs that fade into the chrome trim
- Digital Pulse Cascading Grille
- 18” alloy wheels
- LED rear combination taillight
- High mounted stop lamp
- Smart Trunk technology
- 510L boot space
- 8-way power adjustment with memory function
- Panoramic sunroof
- 8” infotainment with Apple Carplay and Android Auto
- 12.3”” full digital instrument Supercluster
- BlindSpot View monitor (in Supercluster)
- 360-view parking monitor (in infotainment unit)
- Wireless charging station with temperature sensor and ventilation
- paddle shifters
- 4 drive modes – Eco, Comfort, Sport, SMART
- Electronic Parking Brake with Auto Hold
- Heads Up Display
- Puddle Lamp
- Advanced Tyre Pressure Monitoring System