Published on December 10th, 2020 | by Daniel Sherman Fernandez0
Peugeot e 2008 Crossover Might Come To Malaysia
Exciting full electric driving pleasure
Have you been waiting for this handsome looking SUV to arrive in Malaysia? Well, it will be coming to town, but not as soon as you think due to Covid-19 and a change in brand ownership for Peugeot vehicles in Malaysia.
With the departure of Nasim Sdn Bhd as the brand guardian for Peugeot in Malaysia there might be a faster move to bring in newer models to Malaysia which includes this award winning e 2008.
Berjaya Auto Alliance has secured sole distributorship of Peugeot vehicles in Malaysia. This entity also has the rights of aftersales and spare parts distribution for the PEUGEOT, CITROEN and DS marque vehicles in Malaysia. So if you currently own one of these French brands, rest assured that warranty claims and spare parts will not be an issue.
Meanwhile, this is good news for Peugeot fans as this will bring new models and also Peugeot’s all new 2008 electric vehicle.
This is this first 100 percent electric SUV Peugeot. The driver will enjoy total operating silence and no vibrations. Groupe PSA has already launched 10 new plug-in hybrid or all-electric models, in line with its roadmap to offer a 100 percent electrified range from 2025, of which 50 percent will be electrified by the end of 2021 with 13 additional electrified models.
This e 2008 gets an engine with a power of 136hp and a torque of 260Nm available immediately to ensure a daily driving ease. The 50kWh high capacity battery provides a range of up to 310km according to the new WLTP standard. This battery is guaranteed for 8 years or 160,000 km for 70 percent of its charging capacity.
The display of energy flows in the central display as well as in the Peugeot i-Cockpit® 3D receiver is ludic and make it easy and intuitive to understand how the traction chain works.
PRESS RELEASE: Two intuitive modes of energy recovery when braking are available and accessible directly from the gear stick:
- Drive (“D”), recovery is standard, for driving similar to a petrol or diesel vehicle
- Brake (“B”), recovery allows deceleration directly from the accelerator pedal
- The batteries are optimally installed in the floor, ensuring that choosing an electric version won’t affect the performance of the new SUV Peugeot 2008. This ensures the same room and boot volume as the internal combustion versions.
An essential marker of the Peugeot brand, the dynamic behavior of the new SUV Peugeot e-2008 has been the subject of careful attention and provides a touch of road and driving pleasure comparable to petrol and diesel versions. The drive axles have been adapted and the weight distribution is optimal.
The charging time depends on the power available:
- 16h for full charge from a Legrand® Green Up™ plug,
- between 5h15 and 8h for a complete charge with a WallBox (three phase 11 kW with optional charger or single phase 7.4 kW)
- 30mn to recover 80% of battery with the 100 kW public terminals, the thermal regulation of the battery makes it possible to use terminals with this power.
The programmable delayed charge is available from the navigation screen or from your smartphone with the MyPeugeot® application. This can also start charging at any time and allows you to check the charge level remotely.
For the highest level of thermal comfort, specific equipment has been developed:
- a 5 kW heating resistor and a 3kW climate compressor which are supplied by the traction battery, to provide heating and cooling in the passenger compartment,
- a heat pump and automatic regulation of the passenger compartment temperature to guarantee a level of comfort equivalent to the internal combustion versions. The system is suitable for optimized energy consumption,
- pleasant heated seats (depending on the version),
- thermal pre-conditioning programmable from the touchscreen or remotely via the MyPeugeot® smartphone app. Offering an ideal temperature in the cockpit as of the rise on board, this comfort is not done to the detriment of autonomy: when the vehicle is connected, energy necessary comes directly from the terminal of refill.
The new SUV Peugeot e-2008 does not have a specific silhouette but some captivating details that subtly underline its electrified personality:
- a sparkling dichroic Lion, with reflections alternating between green and blue depending on the angle of view,
- a specific “e” monogram on the front fenders and the tailgate,
- an elegant, body-coloured front grille with beads,
- exclusive seat upholstery in Alcantara© “Greval Grey” on e-2008 GT,
- finally, the on-board experience is complemented by a display specific to the electric version in the 3D receiver as well as in the touch screen.
And because electric isn’t only about motorization, the Peugeot brand is offering a full practical and didactic ecosystem to calmly support customers in their daily travel and use.