Published on June 22nd, 2021 | by Subhash Nair0
2021 Peugeot 308 SW Revealed And It Looks Great
Wagon fans, the new Peugeot 308 SW is for you.
Peugeot has been making waves with their latest design language, which first debuted in 2016 on the 3008 and 5008, and has been evolving ever since. Now, we have a new Peugeot with the look. It’s the 308 SW, the estate variant of the 308 that debuted just this year.
The new 308 SW brings with it the new Peugeot logo, but more importantly, some very sexy styling. The new rear end is perfectly proportioned and equal parts elegant and sporty.
The 308 SW measures 4.64 metres in length and has a wheelbase of 2.73 metres. This is up from 4.367m and 2.675m on the hatchback model. You get an electric tailgate on this model, with a 2 position boot floor and 40:20:40 split folding rear seats.
With the seats down, the volume of space that can be utilised is 1634 litres. With them up, it’s still a respectable 608 litres.
The interior is the same as the hatchback model, and still as good looking and functional. The compact steering wheel, i-Cockpit and i-Toggles for the climate control are welcomed additions to the 308 SW.
The car also comes with 2 USB-C ports for device connectivity and charging. It can also connect two devices simultaneously to its infotainment system via Bluetooth.
Powering the 308 SW is a choice of plug-in hybrid, petrol and diesel engines. These are paired to either an 8-speed Aisin sourced conventional automatic or a 6-speed manual gearbox.
- HYBRID 225 e-EAT8
- HYBRID 180 e-EAT8
- PureTech 110 S&S BVM6
- PureTech 130 S&S BVM6
- PureTech 130 S&S EAT8
- BlueHdi 130 S&S BVM6
- BlueHdi 130 S&S EAT8
Peugeot’s Drive Assist 2.0 pack will be added to the list of options for the Peugeot 308 SW later on. This will include adaptive cruise control with Stop and Go functionality, lane departure warning, semi automatic lane change, early speed recommendation and curve speed adaptation.
Don’t expect this to be on the list of vehicles Berjaya Auto Alliance offers when it starts to introduce new models to Peugeot showrooms nationwide.
Here’s the press release with more.
A silhouette in its own right, the PEUGEOT brand is proud to present the brand new PEUGEOT 308 SW. It has an expressive style with a racy profile and a sophisticated rear end. Efficient and ultra-modern without compromising on the essentials and expectations of customers in the compact estate segment.
The new PEUGEOT 308 SW is a real eye-catcher and offers:
- Room for passengers, with a length of 4.64 m and a wheelbase of 2.73 m,
- Efficiency, nothing is left to chance, the new PEUGEOT 308 SW is aerodynamically optimised with a Cx of 0.277 and an SCx of 0.618 m, for gains in CO₂ emissions and fuel consumption,
- Myriad storage areas entirely dedicated to well-being and practicality. The large central console provides space for the driver and front passenger’s everyday items,
- Modularity for everyday use thanks to the row 2 seat, which can be split into 3 sections (40/20/40) and is equipped with controls for folding from the boot.
- A motorised boot flap for easy access with loaded arms and a two-position boot floor,
- Loading volume for all personal and professional activities with a maximum boot volume of 608 litres of water and up to 1634 litres of water with the seat fully folded.
Top of the range and technological, the new PEUGEOT 308 SW, just like the new PEUGEOT 308, comes with a new and improved PEUGEOT i-Cockpit®. A totally new experience with more ergonomics, design, driving pleasure, quality and connectivity:
- A new compact steering wheel equipped with integrated controls and which can be heated,
- A 3-dimensional digital headset at eye level with a 10-inch digital display,
- An innovative 10-inch high-definition central touchscreen with the new PEUGEOT i-Connect® Advanced, an intuitive and connected infotainment system, identical to a smartphone environment.
- The new i-toggles replace the physical climate control panel. Each i-toggle button is fully configurable, and is a shortcut to a specific function on the central screen.
- Connectivity with four USB C sockets, wireless mirroring and the ability to connect two phones via Bluetooth at the same time.
The new PEUGEOT 308 SW has the latest generation of semi-autonomous driving aids, for even greater safety, with the Drive Assist 2.0 pack (available at the end of the year). It consists of adaptive cruise control with Stop and Go function (EAT8 automatic gearbox) and lane departure warning, and adds three new features available on dual carriageways: semi-automatic lane change, early speed recommendation and curve speed adaptation.
The new PEUGEOT 308 SW comes in several types of engine, rechargeable hybrids(HYBRID 225 e-EAT8, HYBRID 180 e-EAT8), petrol versions (PureTech 110 S&S BVM6, PureTech 130 S&S BVM6 and PureTech 130 S&S EAT8) and diesel versions (BlueHdi 130 S&S BVM6 and BlueHdi 130 S&S EAT8).
Depending on the country, the new PEUGEOT 308 SW can be purchased on the brand’s online sales site, for a 100% digital purchasing experience, trade-in, financing and a choice of delivery location