Published on September 23rd, 2021 | by Subhash Nair0
Honda Passport Updated In US For 2022 With “TrailSport” Sub-brand
Honda’s new Passport spawns a TrailSport sub-brand for the company.
The Honda Passport is one of those SUVs that markets outside of the US are completely unfamiliar with. The third generation model was launched back in 2019, but for 2022, the Passport has been given quite an extensive update that may interest Honda fans worldwide. That’s because they’re introducing a ‘TrailSport’ variant, and this ‘TrailSport’ name will be used in future Honda light trucks and off-roaders.
Will the “TrailSport” brand be exported outside the USA?
TrailSport branding is being planned for Honda’s light trucks, which literally includes… the Passport, the Ridgeline and possibly the Honda Pilot. All of these are US-market vehicles. It’s possible the brand may move beyond the US market or expand it to the CR-V, but we don’t think this is very likely.
What’s new on the 2022 Honda Passport?
A new design is probably the biggest highlight. You’ll find a more aggressive front end, a new rear bumper and larger exhaust outlets. The TrailSport variant
What’s new on the Honda Passport TrailSport
In terms of styling, there’s a new grille, more aggressive bumpers, skid garnishes that are painted silver, TrailSport logos and badges in orange on the grille and tailgate. The “Passport” and “AWD” badges have been painted gloss black. New machined 18″ wheels with highlights in pewter-coloured paint adorn the Passport TrailSport with 245/60R18 tyres. Honda plans to offer more rugged tyres and more capable off-road suspension in the future.
Honda have added their i-VTM4 torque vectoring all-wheel drive system and Intelligent Traction Management as standard on this model. There are also folding side mirrors, a heated windshield wiper and more on the inside.
Orange contrast stitching is found on the steering wheels, on door panels, and on seats. the TrailSport logo is embroidered on the front seat headrests and moulded onto the rubber floormats. The gauge cluster features blck chrome gauge surrrounds. Interior lighting is amber in colour.
The first in what will be a new series of Honda TrailSport vehicles, the 2022 Passport TrailSport is packed with exclusive styling and unique interior touches. The new Passport TrailSport features a unique grille treatment, and more aggressive front and rear bumpers with skid garnish designs prominently painted silver.
For the rest of the 2022 Honda Passport lineup, here’s what Americans can expect.
- More aggressive exterior design from the A-pillars forward
- Updated rear styling featuring a new bumper and larger exhaust finishers
- Updated EX-L interior includes contrast stitching on perforated leather seats
- TrailSport edition features unique exterior and interior styling and standard intelligent Variable Torque Management (i-VTM4®) all-wheel drive system with true torque vectoring
- Standard Rear Seat Reminder and rear seatbelt reminder systems on all models
- Available HPD accessories package for sportier appearance
- Standard 280-horsepower (SAE net at 6,000 rpm) V6 engine and 9-speed automatic transmission
- i-VTM4™ all-wheel drive with true torque vectoring available on all grades (standard on TrailSport and Elite)
- Ground clearance up to 8.1 inches for tackling rugged terrain
- Standard 8-inch Display Audio system with Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ integration
- Standard Honda Sensing® system of advanced safety and driver-assistive technologies
- Standard Smart Entry and Push-button start
- Standard LED headlights